Floor counting is incorrect

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor counting is incorrect

Hello,
    after upgrade to 4.2 I have experienced some kind of bug related to floor counting.
    My latest two runs (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3201040480 and https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3198607498, may be the run before too) has correct elevation data (the first one 141m, with planner on the maps, it should have 146m), but when I finished my running, I had about 90 floors climbed, which looks, like the floors were counted twice more.

Somebody experienced the same issue?

Best regards,

Michal

Yes, this hasn't worked well for me since day 1. I find it humorous how often I see weeks with 30 floors up and only 10 down.

Comment

I just had my first run with my new FR645 this morning. I was very surprised to see that it felt I climbed over 60 flights. The elevation gain was only 207 ft.
      Of course, this is new data to me since my previous device did not record this.

Comment

Originally posted by ares952 View Post
        Somebody experienced the same issue?
        I ran and had the same data noise for floors climbed. (30 floors climbed on a short flatish 3 mile run.)
        As a side note, I just challenged a buddy on regular old day in day out stair climbing (not in an activity) so I should be tracking this closely for the next several days. I'll be able to see if the plain-vanilla fitness tracking "floors climbed" is accurate.
        Runner

Comment

Been having this issue too, apparently I’ve been climbing 30+ floors every day. Usually only 10-15 floors a day!

Comment

It looks, like the active/activity floors are being rewarded twice. Not sure if it is bug or feature :-)

Comment

In straight fitness tracking my 'floors' have been accurate over the last couple of days. If I do an run "activity" is just throws in some random huge number. It is a bug.
              Runner

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue, correct floor count out of any activity, but during my first running activity with new firmware I found a very high number of floor counted.

Comment

Working...
                X