Updates on APAC 645M

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates on APAC 645M

Hi All,

For some reason i rx'd an APAC device here in the UK.. not too big an issue as it covers everything i need it to do for paddleboarding.

But i only ever see updates mentioned for non-apac devices. Is there a forum or list of updates for APAC devices anywhere?

Currently on 3.80 and no spotify which i would love to have

cheers

Paul

The betas are only for ROW devices, and production FW on APAC devices can lag ROW devices by a month or two. That's one of the reasons you might not want an APAC device unless you need a APAC device for the languages, etc.
    My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
    Facebook - Instagram -
    Twitter

Comment

Many thanks, i can live with the APAC watch just wish i had spotify ;-)

Comment

I also got an APAC version ... (won't buy from ebay any more), but since ROW already got 4.10 can garmin give some love to APAC devices , we are still in 3.80 :'(

Comment

personally i dont understand why one region gets updates months before another, Its the same watch.

Comment

It is version 4.1 now but we still stuck with 3.80.

Comment

Garmin-Blake

Any update on this?? We're now 2 software releases behind on the APAC version...

Can we flash the 4.10 manually to the APAC version or are we hardware limited and risking bricking our watches???

Have a marathon coming up and I'd prefer to have a spotify playlist pumping rather than the terrible list of mp3s I have

C

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChipperfield View Post
                personally i dont understand why one region gets updates months before another, Its the same watch.
                It's the same watch, but the software is different due to the different languages and characters used in those languages.

Comment

Now we are 2 full releases behind and with a major feature (Spotify) Not available.
                  Garmin please give some love to APAC garmin Owners.

Comment

kinda sad for the APAC version. its like we are the second class garmin user. lol

Comment

Originally posted by TMK17 View Post

It's the same watch, but the software is different due to the different languages and characters used in those languages.
                      I thought both version is different in some hardware like GPS chip, as a APAC user, I really cant accept the slow update just because of different language and character (my setting is english)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuan9797 View Post

I thought both version is different in some hardware like GPS chip
                        I'm unaware of any hardware differences. The only differences I read about is with software, but I may be mistaken. As far as software development goes, it makes sense to release ROW versions first. The majority of sales are in ROW regions. If they are successful updates, then they can developed APAC versions which is more complicated due to the different languages and characters on those devices. It's not disrespect or 2nd class treatment for APAC versions which some have stated.

Comment

Then if differences are only in software Garmin should not punish APAC users who use English.

You should be able to install the ROW firmware freely.

Comment

its does seem strange that a company as large as Garmin cannot produce updates across all regions at the same time. I personally do not understand the issues, it cannot be that hard. Still on 3.80 this morning.

Comment

APAC devices always the second class devices. dont expect garmin to update it as frequent as other region devices

Comment

Working...
                              X