410 stops tracking distance in middle of run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 410 stops tracking distance in middle of run

I've noticed that 1 out of 3-4 runs that my milage is off. Then I notice it's not recording any new distance during the run. I run outside and while there are trees, I don't think that's the reason.

I stop, check the satellite reception, manually turn off GPS, then turn back on. But still the GPS is not working.

I purchased this back in October of 2012... so it's only been 6-7 months since I've had this.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Nothing? Does Garmin even support their forums?

Comment

410 tracking incorrect distance

Originally posted by CHRISRATCH View Post
      I've noticed that 1 out of 3-4 runs that my mileage is off.
      My watch seems to be losing ~1/10 of a mile for every mile I'm running. I've tried to match my watch with the watches & phones of the people I'm running with and I've confirmed the discrepancy mapping the run online.

This is a huge inconvenience while training for a marathon
      1. My last long run goal was 16 miles instead I ran +17 miles. That is not a good outcome when you are trying to avoid injury.
      2. My pace is shown slower than what it actually is which means I'm running faster than I should be (also increase in potential injury)

I have tried to hard reset the watch, didn't change the tracking accuracy.
      I'm getting satellite reception; and GarminConnect shows my entire route (i.e. no gaps / loss of reception) and it shows the incorrect distance.

Comment

Duration and distance data incorrect

Originally posted by CHRISRATCH View Post
        I've noticed that 1 out of 3-4 runs that my milage is off. Then I notice it's not recording any new distance during the run. I run outside and while there are trees, I don't think that's the reason.

I stop, check the satellite reception, manually turn off GPS, then turn back on. But still the GPS is not working.

I purchased this back in October of 2012... so it's only been 6-7 months since I've had this.

Any ideas why this is happening?
        The same thing happened to me yesterday. I went for a run with my Garmin Forerunner 410 and my phone which has MapMyRun installed.

I started both devices at the same time.

After 9 mins, my Garmin indicated I'd only run 600m, whereas MapMyRun indicated I'd run 1.9km.

The 1.3km discrepancy continued for the entire route.

At the end of the run, I stopped the devices simultaneously at 45:38.

Here is the crux: when I uploaded the run from Garmin to Garmin Connect and Strava, the time was reduced to 41 mins, not the 45:38 shown on the watch face. And the run was shown as starting 1.3km along my journey.

What would cause this error?

Comment

Major issues with mileage and time tracking on my 410

Originally posted by DMCK1971 View Post
          The same thing happened to me yesterday. I went for a run with my Garmin Forerunner 410 and my phone which has MapMyRun installed.

I started both devices at the same time.

After 9 mins, my Garmin indicated I'd only run 600m, whereas MapMyRun indicated I'd run 1.9km.

The 1.3km discrepancy continued for the entire route.

At the end of the run, I stopped the devices simultaneously at 45:38.

Here is the crux: when I uploaded the run from Garmin to Garmin Connect and Strava, the time was reduced to 41 mins, not the 45:38 shown on the watch face. And the run was shown as starting 1.3km along my journey.

What would cause this error?
          Today when I was running with a friend, we ran with both watches on (both Garmin) Her's registered 5.00 miles and mine registered 4.56 miles. I have been running with this watch since 2011 and it's done well until recently.

I am in training for a race and need to make sure the times and mileage are correct, any ideas on why this would happen and how it can be corrected ASAP?

Thank you!

Comment

Mine stopped locating satellites and I have tried EVERY fix out there to no avail. It makes me wonder since this one is now discontinued if there wasn't an issue with it from the start?? I have had mine since 2011, so I will give it credit up until now. I am just bummed that I have to spend the money on a new one when I really liked this one. You can send it in to Garmin and pay $89 and they will send you another 410....but since they are discontinued, I decided that would probably not be in my best interest. I do not want a refurbished one that is just going to go wacky soon too! UGH! I did go back and forth with support trying all the "fixes" they offered, but none have worked.

Comment

Working...
            X