No announcement yet.

foot pod not collect data

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foot pod not collect data

I paired foot pod with my FR410. I turn GPS off, choose foot pod to my speed source. The foot pod icon appear on my watch's screen but all my work out cadence data alway 0, same as the data on my dashboard on Garmin Connect website. What are the problems with my devices or my set up?

Me too...

I've had the same problem -- first I thought it was the battery, but after replacing it, still I get no data from the footpod. On the MapMyRun app on the iPhone (using the Wahoo Ant+ adaptor) it shows that it is getting close to a 100% signal from the foot pod, so it is paired and "sending' data, but the problem appears to be that the footpod itself is not creating any data to send, in other words, it's broken. I've read other similar stories on here that they do just go bad after a while. I don't know how long the warranty is but mine was about 16 months old when it quit working. Let me know if anyone knows of a way to "revitalize" a foot pod!

I've also noticed that if the foot pod is paired, at least with the MapMyRun app, that your distance will remain 0 even with GPS turned on, as I think foot pod measurement takes precedence over GPS distance measurement when both are available. I think that was the same on my 405 watch as well.

Originally posted by NOOH113 View Post
    I paired foot pod with my FR410. I turn GPS off, choose foot pod to my speed source. The foot pod icon appear on my watch's screen but all my work out cadence data alway 0, same as the data on my dashboard on Garmin Connect website. What are the problems with my devices or my set up?

Comment

bad battery contact

Same story here. After battery change footpod worked few hours and gone cold. With other new battery it worked about 30 minutes and then died. Battery change doesn't help anymore. Was already thinking about buying new footpod.

Then I was lucky enough to find out https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...battery-change that problem is weak battery contact in footpod.

Mistery part is how FR 410 reacts in middle of run, when footpod stops sending data. Cadence and speed (despite speed source set to GPS) goes to zero, autopause on and watch stops recording data. Resumes from autopause after 15 minutes when watch marks footpod as lost. It took three training sessions to realize that problem is footpod, not GPS. Had no "chance" to test what happens when autopause is switched off. FR 410 firmware version 2.30 - hope Garmin will fix this bug in next software release.

Comment

Working...
      X