Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forerunner 405: buttons and tactile crown do not respond.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forerunner 405: buttons and tactile crown do not respond.

Hello,

My 405 has worked perfectly during the last 2 years.
    -Yesterday I charged the battery to 100% and it worked perfectly during my training.
    -Today it works only as a watch, that means you can see the time but the buttons and tactile crown do not respond. Battery is on 75%.
    -I have already tried the soft-reset (pressing both buttons during 6-10 sec) and again the same problem.

Any idea what happens and how can I solve it?

Thanks

Do u run the latest firmware https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/fr...p?null&ra=true
    and did u try a master reset?

There are a few instances in which performing a master reset on the Forerunner 410, 405CX or 405 is necessary, such as if the device is:

• Not functioning properly
    • Needing to be restored to factory default settings
    • Not receiving a satellite signal*
    • To bring up language selection prompt if incorrect language text is showing
    • Unable to pair up accessories, such as the heart rate monitor or foot pod

All settings and workout data will be erased when resetting the GPS. Workouts can be backed up to training programs like Garmin Connect.
    1. If turned off, power on Forerunner
    2. Press and hold Start/Stop and Lap/Reset simultaneously
    3. Press both buttons until screen goes blank
    4. Release Start/Stop and continue to hold Lap/Reset
    5. Release Lap/Reset when the Do you really want erase all user data? message appears
    6. Select Enter (Start/Stop) to clear user data

Once these steps are complete, follow the setup prompts. Set profile options and charge the battery completely before using.

Source: https://support.garmin.com/support/s...00000000000%7D
    Currently own: Fenix 5x, Epix, Fenix 3, Oregon 750t, FR 235, Driveluxe 50, Edge 820, Index Scale, Virb Ultra, Tactix Bravo

(please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Sports&Outdoor

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer!!

-No idea about which firmware I am using. I bought the FR405 two years ago and I have changed nothing (even I don't know how to change the firmware!). Do you recommend me to update it? Where can I find instructions to do it?
      -I will follow your instructions for the master reset and I will tell you...

Thanks again!

Comment

Upsss! I could not complete the master reset.... and now the screen ist completely blank!
        I pressed both buttons, blank screen appeared, then I released Start/Stop button, then I hold Lap/Reset during 5 minutes but nothing happened....Now the screen ist blank and I cannot change it!
        More suggestions please!!

Comment

Leave it on the battery charger for a view hours, if u can switch it back on, try to update the firmware. If it doesn't
          switch on, u need to send it in for rerpair/exchange.

See here a short movie about software update http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGouOBE2DKM

Instructions:

1. Internet Explorer users on Windows Vista or Windows 7 must add "buy.garmin.com", "my.garmin.com" and "connect.garmin.com" to your list of Trusted Sites in the Security tab under Internet Options.
          2. Make sure you have paired your Forerunner 405 with the Garmin ANT Agent™ before attempting this software update.
          3. Make sure you have your USB ANT Stick™ plugged in and the Garmin ANT Agent running.
          4. Be sure to select your Forerunner 405 device. If you see another Garmin device and attempt to update the software, you could harm that connected device.
          5. Click on the Update Software button.
          6. Please wait while the ANT Agent transfers the update to your device.

ANT Agent software http://www8.garmin.com/fitness/ant_product_page.jsp
          Last edited by MARIOMOBIEL; 10-18-2013, 05:42 AM.
          Currently own: Fenix 5x, Epix, Fenix 3, Oregon 750t, FR 235, Driveluxe 50, Edge 820, Index Scale, Virb Ultra, Tactix Bravo

(please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Sports&Outdoor

Comment

Working...
          X