• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGNOS / WAAS on the Forerunners

Following up on these threads:
    https://forums.garmin.com//showthread.php?t=2474
    https://forums.garmin.com//showthread.php?t=2504

Has anyone seen an improvement in accuracy in Europe since last week when EGNOS was put in production? Found Garmin satellite ID of 33, 37 or 44 on the last channel?

What about WAAS in the US?

Are these actually supported in the Forerunners?
    Last edited by TEEPROO; 10-07-2009, 04:29 AM.

I have never seen any such numbers on any of the four Forerunners I have owned or own (305x2, 405, 310). I'm in Stockholm, Sweden.
    Nor have I seen any "D"s.
    DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
    PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

Comment

Waas/egnos

the Forerunner devices are not WAAS/EGNOS compatible. They may see those satellites however they would not incorporate the correction.

Moorece

Comment

Ok, thanks for the information, good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by MOORECE View Post
          the Forerunner devices are not WAAS/EGNOS compatible. They may see those satellites however they would not incorporate the correction.

Moorece
          Can we infer then that the Edge series (I personally have a 705) are EGNOS / WAAS compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by DODGYDD View Post
            Can we infer then that the Edge series (I personally have a 705) are EGNOS / WAAS compatible?
            The Edges are too NOT EGNOS / WAAS compatible.

Comment

They could "see" the satellite with a firmware upgrade, so...

Comment

Originally posted by MOORECE View Post

Moorece
                Thanks for the info, but then perhaps you should instruct at least the Swedish Garmin rep about this fact, since they say they are...
                DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
                PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

Comment

Originally posted by KRABAT42 View Post
                  The Edges are too NOT EGNOS / WAAS compatible.

This is a 4 year old post but I would like to know if the answer is still "NO, the Edges are not EGNOS/WAAS compatible".

Have all those updates added WAAS?
                  Don Huston
                  San Diego, CA.
                  United States

Comment

I'm quite sure they haven't added WAAS. That would have ranked a mention in the release notes, at the very least.
                    Current owner of: Forerunners 305, 310XT and 610; SDM4; GSC10; eTrex Legend; nuvis 260 and 265W
                    Former owner of: Forerunners 405, 201 and 110; ANT+ Adapter for iPhone

Comment

Working...
                    X