Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start & Lap v Mark & Lap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Start & Lap v Mark & Lap

    What's the difference between 'Start & Lap' and 'Mark & Lap', the 'Owners Manual' its as clear as mud!!

    Is it me or is the Owner's Manual more of a puzzle book rather than a set of instructions?!

  • #2
    Yes, I wish they would do a better job with the instruction book too. For one, they could publish an update to document some of the undocumented features. It took me a while to figure out how to unlock my 310xt when I accidentally locked it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Out of interest how did you unlock it? Mine locked up and I returned it and got a replacement (as holding mode & reset didn't work)

      Comment


      • #4
        It is supposed to be mode + up arrow locks and unlocks.

        But I was just now trying it on my watch and it didn't seem to work. This is the first time I've tried it since I've upgraded to 2.6, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PAULSBELL View Post
          What's the difference between 'Start & Lap' and 'Mark & Lap'
          Start & Lap: Auto Lap will occur wherever you pressed Start and pressed Lap.

          Mark & Lap: Auto Lap will occur where you marked a location prior to pressing Start and at every point you pressed Lap along the ride.
          - Steve

          my GC digest

          Comment


          • #6
            'Start and Lap' versus 'Mark and Lap'

            I need your explanation with that :

            "Start & Lap: Auto Lap will occur wherever you pressed Start and pressed Lap." - Did you mean that I have to push 'start' once at the beginning of my run and than press 'Lap' each time I want to mark a lap' ?

            What shell I do if I want that each time I press the 'Lap' button and stop running I could start run again for another lap after a minute or so - do I have to push the Lap again before I start running the second one ?

            I figure out that if I press 'Lap' and rest for 2 minutes or so, I get the wrong data for my second Lap (that's inlclude the rest time...) . Im sure that Im not using it the right way. could you help with that ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BENOVICH View Post
              ?

              What shell I do if I want that each time I press the 'Lap' button and stop running I could start run again for another lap after a minute or so - do I have to push the Lap again before I start running the second one ?
              Why not simply press the 'stop button after you have finished your lap and you want to rest - and press the 'start' button before you start the next lap....

              Comment


              • #8
                'Start and Lap' versus 'Mark and Lap'

                Because I cannot see My lap time data immediately on the screen when I finish the lap.
                I alsotried to changing the data fields to use LLtime but it doesn't work.

                should I press the lap button and than the stop button immediately after each lap ? I thought that 'start and lap' or 'mark and lap' will solve it.
                Do you have another idea ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BENOVICH View Post
                  Because I cannot see My lap time data immediately on the screen when I finish the lap.
                  I alsotried to changing the data fields to use LLtime but it doesn't work.

                  should I press the lap button and than the stop button immediately after each lap ? I thought that 'start and lap' or 'mark and lap' will solve it.
                  Do you have another idea ?
                  I suggest stop button first and then lap button.
                  Then the last lap will be correct and the next
                  lap will start when you hit start again. Don't
                  move about too much from where you hit stop though.
                  DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
                  PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    'Start and Lap' versus 'Mark and Lap'

                    That's a problem because when I rest after each lap, I do walk around a little.. BTW - in that case would you put the 'Auto Lap' mode to 'Lap press only' or 'start and lap' ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BENOVICH View Post
                      That's a problem because when I rest after each lap, I do walk around a little.. BTW - in that case would you put the 'Auto Lap' mode to 'Lap press only' or 'start and lap' ?
                      It's not a problem that you walk around after having hit stop + lap,
                      just as long as you start again from the same spot.
                      DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
                      PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        RE: 'Start and Lap' versus 'Mark and Lap'

                        OK but now I have two problems.

                        1/ I don't have data for my resting period between the intervals (time and HR)

                        2/ I don't see the time of the resting ie if I want to rest one minute between the lap. how can I see it ?

                        Thanks,

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BENOVICH View Post
                          OK but now I have two problems.

                          1/ I don't have data for my resting period between the intervals (time and HR)

                          2/ I don't see the time of the resting ie if I want to rest one minute between the lap. how can I see it ?

                          Thanks,
                          First: the resting periods are the intervals... (certainly a source for confusion over the years for many)

                          You'll have to choose. You can't have it both ways.
                          DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
                          PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This might be a stupid question, but instead of pressing stop and start all the time, why not pre-program your interval workout? Then you only have to hit "start" once, and you never have to hit "lap."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ALAALA View Post
                              First: the resting periods are the intervals... (certainly a source for confusion over the years for many).
                              [drift] I knew that, but since we're being technical, I don't know the word for the effort periods! "Repeats" doesn't seem right when one of the possible workouts could be ladder intervals. Can you enlighten us? [/drift]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X