Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Velcro strap for 310xt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Velcro strap for 310xt

    Have anyone find a Velcro strap that works with the 310xt (ala the one that comes with the 450cx) ??
    I know Garmin offers the quick release strap but what I really wanted is a velcro strap to keep the watch tighter on my wrist.

    If anyone found a garmin or third party velcro strap solution for the 310xt please let me know!

    positiv

  • #2
    I just wandered into a local outdoor shop and found one to suit.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PHILIPSHAMBROOK View Post
      I just wandered into a local outdoor shop and found one to suit.
      Can you post a pic when you get a chance?
      Anthony

      My GC Digest

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PHILIPSHAMBROOK View Post
        I just wandered into a local outdoor shop and found one to suit.
        Can you post who is the maker of the strap? Where did you buy it?
        Thanks in advance.

        Comment


        • #5
          Perhaps someone tried this.
          I have the extra velcro strap that came with my 405cx. Would it work on the 310xt? As I see it, it uses little attachments for the 405cx but there may be a way to use it on the 310xt. Any ideas?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by POSITIVPAU405 View Post
            Perhaps someone tried this.
            I have the extra velcro strap that came with my 405cx. Would it work on the 310xt? As I see it, it uses little attachments for the 405cx but there may be a way to use it on the 310xt. Any ideas?
            It looks like it's perhaps about a 1/3rd of an inch too long for the 310XT(between the little pin areas). It would probably hold, but would be super-loose and bouncy, and likely cause eventual failure (of the strap, not the watch). Though strap fail could equal watch fail, given the right circumstances.

            I checked both straps, mostly just cause they came in the mail yesterday.
            Tri Blog: http://www.dcrainmaker.com

            Comment


            • #7
              April has mentioned this.
              Phil M.
              myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
              F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
              nüvi 67LMT

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WIREBOOK View Post
                It looks like it's perhaps about a 1/3rd of an inch too long for the 310XT(between the little pin areas). It would probably hold, but would be super-loose and bouncy, and likely cause eventual failure (of the strap, not the watch). Though strap fail could equal watch fail, given the right circumstances.

                I checked both straps, mostly just cause they came in the mail yesterday.
                I just tried the 405cx velcro strap on my 310xt and it worked fine.
                Just make sure to use the 310xt pin on the strap and it will hold just as good as if you had the original 'orange/gray' strap.
                positiv

                Comment


                • #9
                  Similar to this:

                  http://www.watchstraps-direct.co.uk/velcrostraps.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Velcro wristband for 310XT

                    Just found a somewhat decent velcro wristband for the 310XT. Found this one at Walmart of all places.

                    Fits and feels better than the rubber wristband that comes with the 310XT. This wristband has a widened padded section that separates the 310 from your wrist. Only $8.87. No trimming needed, the width and length where it attaches to the back of the 310 is perfect.

                    I used the pins that came with the wristband, they appear to be the same size and just as strong. I left the old pins in the rubber band that came with the 310XT. However now that I think about it, possibly the pins that came with the 310XT are "stainless steel" due to the fact that the 310 was made to be used in the water?

                    Took it for spin today on a coastal ride, and it fits just fine on the garmin handlebar mount bracket I bought at REI, and it attaches much quicker than trying to unhook the rubber wristband and metal latch. Took if for a run last night, and again, much quicker to put on and take off my wrist. Next I'll take it for a swim and suspect all will be well in the water also.

                    See the four pictures included.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by LEOTHEFIRST; 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LEOTHEFIRST View Post
                      Just found a somewhat decent velcro wristband for the 310XT. Found this one at Walmart of all places.
                      Nice find. I'll have to check this out.
                      Phil M.
                      myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
                      F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
                      nüvi 67LMT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Velcro wristband for 310XT

                        Just tried the wristband in the water, and seems to hold on real good. Just don't get any sand on the Velcro part of it.

                        I would prefer a "wider section" of Velcro, such as with the Velcro wristband that I had bought from Garmin for my F305.

                        However until Garmin produces a wristband made specifically for the 310XT, I believe this one will work just fine.

                        I'm happy with it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice!!

                          Here is a similar item. Doesn't say it's water resistant, so that might be the diff?

                          http://voguestrap.stores.yahoo.net/tx862962.html

                          I'm going to have to check out my Walmart.

                          April
                          http://www.enduranceriderblog.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hmmm... think the strap from my old 301 will fit the 310??

                            may have to try it.

                            Dear Garmin, 310XT strap bites.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hmmm How long is the WalMart strap compared to the Garmin strap? I'm wondering if I could wear my sweatband under the 310XT. Would the strap still be long enough?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X