• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin 310XT Wish List

Hello,

I am new with Garmin and with this forum

my question

Is there a wish list for the Garmin 310XT?

So the programmers can see what users really want

grtz
    Otto

You can post here your suggestions and ideas. Also be sure to send a note to Garmin Support with those.

April
    http://www.enduranceriderblog.com

Comment

i would like for it to remember my light preferences, i always have to tell it how bright to be

Comment

Originally posted by IRONKEV View Post
        i would like for it to remember my light preferences, i always have to tell it how bright to be
        To set the brightness, I press the power button briefly to get the light to come on. There are 3 presets. Full on, full off and somewhere in the middle. The middle defaults to the exact middle.

Press the power/light again to cycle through the choices. If I don't like the middle preset, I can press the up/down button to fine tune it. Then I press the Enter button. After that the unit remembers the brightness.

April

Comment

Since the 310XT does not pick up satellites when worn on the wrist while swimming, and many triathletes are reporting that they wear it under their swim cap, it would be nice if Garmin just added a feature to their quick release kit for swimmers to wear it under their swim cap. Maybe a little foam (that floats) that the QR would connect to so it doesn't sink in the event it escapes the cap, and that is comfortable on your head...

Comment

Barometric Altimeter.

Before you say "it can't be done on a water proof unit", my Polar s710i had one. I think I bought that in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by KAFOLSKE View Post
              Barometric Altimeter.

Before you say "it can't be done on a water proof unit", my Polar s710i had one. I think I bought that in 2002.
              You are essentially talking about a new device, not a 310xt wish list. I've been asking for this for at least 3 years, when I was using the 305.
              Phil M.
              myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
              F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
              nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Originally posted by KAFOLSKE View Post
                Barometric Altimeter.

Yeah. +1

All top of the line Polar and Suunto units have one. This would save me about 5 minutes every time I need to run WKO+ correction of the altitude data.

Comment

Do the Polar watches have GPS?
                  Phil M.
                  myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
                  F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
                  nüvi 67LMT

Comment

sunrise / sunset

bring back sunrise / sunset!
                    loved it in 305, miss it in 310!!

Comment

Just some few simple things...
                      • bring back ALL data fields of the 305 (time last lap!!!) and what about new ones (temperature)...
                      • edit fields with upper/lower case chars (already partially possible)
                      • complete memory statistics (waypoints, tracks, courses etc.)
                      • km (miles) values on the vertical lines of the virtual partner (haven't something like that been on the 301 already)
                      • zoom in/out on the altitude graph
                      • different alarm settings for GPS/watch messages (no GPS signal, battery low etc.) and training messages (Lap etc.)
                      • configurable position (upper/middle/lower screen area) of the messages
                      • a new (modern and more readable) character set for the ciphers (selectable if some people like this old fashioned 7 segment style)
                      Michael

Comment

A big request from me - that the course map (route) screen becomes part of the scrolling screen selection, so you can see it along with all the other screens you defined whilst out following a course...

Comment

Originally posted by PUFFOLINO View Post
                          • complete memory statistics (waypoints, tracks, courses etc.)
                          Track and course memory info was added in 2.6.

Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
                          • Added a Memory Details feature to the History menu.
                          You can find it under Menu > History > Memory Details.

Shows percentage of memory used for History as well as number of laps and percentage of laps used. Shows the same info for courses.

April

Comment

I would like to be able to select the sampling rate for speed. It seems to me speed is calculated on a trailing 10s average, and I would love to be able to set it it 2s or 5s in order to get a more accurate reading of my peak speed during a session.

Is this currently possible? If not, add it to the wish list!

Comment

I think as it is billed as suitable for waterports Garmin have missed a trick for sail boat racing in the countdown function.
                              I would like to see a countdown in the International start sequence for sail boats starting at 5 mins when you get the warning flag and signal. Another warning at 4 mins and then another at 1 minute and then zero. A vibrate alert would be useful.Then when it reaches zero to start counting up again. Also, a function to enable you to reset should you miss a gun i.e. miss the 5 min warning signal you could press a button and it would go straight to the 4 minute which you could then press when the 4 min gun goes.
                              Many 'Sailboat' watches do this and I am sure it would be relatively simple for Garmin to add ?

Comment

Working...
                              X