Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New software update Version 2.60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New software update Version 2.60

    Release Notes:

    Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
    • IMPORTANT: IF UPGRADING FROM A SOFTWARE VERSION LESS THAN 2.60 ALL USER DATA WILL BE CLEARED.
    • Fixed file corruption that was causing transfer failures with Garmin Ant Agent.
    • Added a Memory Details feature to the History menu.
    • Recovery HR message will now only show when it is supposed to.
    • ANT+ power data improvements.
    • Added safeguards to correct issues where a unit would not power on.
    • Improved execution of courses.
    • Fixed various minor issues.
    Installing firmware upgrade took about 13 minutes.
    After that, had to perform initial setup for setting up user data as mentioned.

    Only visible improvement is the memory details feature. Looks nice and usable.

  • #2
    Downloaded 2.6, did a dummy workout and what do you know, the watch crashed again.

    Why does my watch keep shutting down?

    Comment


    • #3
      I lost my light when downloading the 2.60 update. Did that happen to anyone else? How get it back?

      Thanks
      Anders
      Anders

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you press on the Power/Light button multiple times to see the brightness level change?
        - Steve

        my GC digest

        Comment


        • #5
          I have version 2.5 (NOT 2.4)
          I'm trying update the firmware for the last half-hour. The upgrade starts and stops without success. It keeps trying over and over.
          Could it be because I don't have v.2.4?
          I'm on a Mac.

          Please help.
          positiv

          Comment


          • #6
            Does the 2.6 firmware release fix the problem with using the footpod as your speed source and losing a lot of the GPS position trackpoints?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by POSITIVPAU405 View Post
              I have version 2.5 (NOT 2.4)
              I'm trying update the firmware for the last half-hour. The upgrade starts and stops without success. It keeps trying over and over.
              Could it be because I don't have v.2.4?
              I'm on a Mac.

              Please help.
              positiv
              Same problem here, also on a mac. Did you find a solution? Thanks BTW.

              Comment


              • #8
                Out of curiousity, Try updating the firmware using GAA for the Mac version 2.1.0. If that succeeds, then go back to 2.1.3.
                - Steve

                my GC digest

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MARCLENNOX View Post
                  Does the 2.6 firmware release fix the problem with using the footpod as your speed source and losing a lot of the GPS position trackpoints?
                  Yes! I tried it on a 2 hour run today and the 310xt works fine with the footpod now!

                  See http://connect.garmin.com/activity/12361322

                  Kind regards
                  LukeNRG
                  Last edited by lukenrg; 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SJSTRAW View Post
                    Same problem here, also on a mac. Did you find a solution? Thanks BTW.
                    I was able to update the firmware from Windows. I could not do on the Mac (running snow leopard).
                    Are you using Leopard or SL? It could be a snow leopard issue although I'm able to upload all my activities just fine (Using firefox)
                    Good luck!
                    positiv

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Footpod - cadence??

                      Originally posted by LUKENRG View Post
                      Yes! I tried it on a 2 hour run today and the 310xt works fine with the footpod now!

                      See http://connect.garmin.com/activity/12361322

                      Kind regards
                      LukeNRG
                      Hi all,
                      First post.
                      I have just recieved the 310xt and footpod (new model). can anyone tell me does the footpod give cadence?
                      cheers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ZEROSEVEN07 View Post
                        I have just recieved the 310xt and footpod (new model). can anyone tell me does the footpod give cadence?
                        Yes it does.
                        - Steve

                        my GC digest

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X