Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310XT clock time not kept while off

This issue came up on the MB board.

I did a complete reset a couple of days ago, and the issue is still there, namely, when I start up my 310XT, the clock time that is displayed appears to be ending time of my last activity. For example, I finished my run this morning at 0608, so when I started my 310 this evening (around 1830), the clock time shown on the 310 is 0608, and it progresses from there if I leave it on (0609, 0610,...). When it locks onto GPS satellites, it updates to the correct time. Now here's something else that's strange -- if I then turn it off without going for a run, and then turn it back on again, the time that is shown reverts back to 0608.

OTOH, I haven't used my FR305 in six weeks, but when I turned it on just now, it showed the correct time.

310XT SW - 2.40, GPS 2.10.

Has anybody else noticed this?
    Last edited by NDURANCERIDER; 08-12-2009, 09:34 AM. Reason: removed link to mb forums

Just now turned on my 310. I last had it on 2 days ago. It displayed the correct time even before acquiring satellites.
    Phil M.
    myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
    F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
    nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Here's what I suggested on the other forum:

I would try the following:

* Load all your data off the unit onto the computer.
      * Go outside where the unit will have a clear view of the sky.
      * Do a hard reset (this will erase ALL user data and history, so make sure you do the first step first!). The hard reset is done by turning the unit on while holding the mode button. Answer yes to delete all user data. The unit will go off and come back on.
      * Leave the unit outside to get a satellite lock and set the time.

Then keep an eye on it to see if you have the same issue as before.

April
      http://www.enduranceriderblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by NDURANCERIDER View Post
        Here's what I suggested on the other forum:

I would try the following:

* Load all your data off the unit onto the computer.
        * Go outside where the unit will have a clear view of the sky.
        * Do a hard reset (this will erase ALL user data and history, so make sure you do the first step first!). The hard reset is done by turning the unit on while holding the mode button. Answer yes to delete all user data. The unit will go off and come back on.
        * Leave the unit outside to get a satellite lock and set the time.

Then keep an eye on it to see if you have the same issue as before.

April
        Yes, and that's what I did. Still have the same problem.

Comment

I suggest you contact Garmin Support and work with them to get this issue resolved. You might need to send your unit back.

April

Comment

I have the same problem. It's especially annoying when I do an trainer ride, as I never reconnect with any satellites, so the activity itself is still tagged with the incorrect date/time.

Comment

Dave, I also suggest you contact support.

April

Comment

I just noticed this with my 310XT. Having had the unit off for 2 days. Just now plugged it in to charge it. The time said "9:17" when it was currently 12:20. After 2 seconds the unit displayed the correct time.
                Phil M.
                nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Originally posted by SEILOGRAMP View Post
                  I just noticed this with my 310XT. Having had the unit off for 2 days. Just now plugged it in to charge it. The time said "9:17" when it was currently 12:20. After 2 seconds the unit displayed the correct time.
                  Was 9:17 the time at which you finished your last activity?

To update this -- as suggested, I contacted Garmin support on this issue. To their credit, the offered to repair it and send it back to me. However, 1) I wanted to wear my 310 in the triathlon I did today, and 2) I suggested to them that maybe my unit isn't broken, but that there's actually a software problem that can be fixed by a firmware update. So, then they told me to hold onto my 310 and to give them a chance to look into it, and that's where we're at now.

Comment

Originally posted by DW152 View Post
                    Was 9:17 the time at which you finished your last activity?
                    I can't confirm this, but it sounds right. Just to confirm I checked the time and it says 4:07 which is the correct local time. I've turned it off and set it away from any windows. I will check it again in a few hours and see what I get.
                    Phil M.
                    nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Yesterday, my 310 showed the completely wrong time when turned on. It was fixed when it had satellite lock. Clearly, this is something Garmin must fix.
                      DISTANCE: 3000M___ - 5000M___ - 10000M__ - 21098M_ - 42195M_ --- Current VDOT: ?
                      PB______: 10:50,09 - 18:40,20 - 38:39,00 - 1:25:39 - 3:10:26

Comment

Just checked again. Turned the 310 on inside the house in a room with no windows, after having it powered off for 2 hours. The time was correct. The difference this time is that the unit was almost fully charged. I'll try again tomorrow when I've drained the battery more.
                        Last edited by SEILOGRAMP; 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM.
                        Phil M.
                        nüvi 67LMT

Comment

I just plugged mine in to charge. It showed a time of 1959, although the local time here is about 1830. What's odd about the 1959 time is that it is not the time of my last activity, which was between about 0800 and 0945 this morning. Last night I had turned on my watch to set it up for this morning's race, and maybe that was around 1959, so maybe somehow it grabbed that time instead of my last activity time.

At any rate, it's not the correct time.

Comment

The 17:59 time shows on every power up without satellite lock...

Similar to DW152 above, my watch shows 17:59 (5:59 PM) every time I turn the watch on and I am indoors (no satellite lock). I accidentally recorded a workout with this default time, as I was indoors. The date was 2007-04-01. My time zone is Mountain, and I am guessing the DW152 is on the east coast, so the times are really the same. (That is, I think the watch is powering on thinking it is 2007-04-02 12:59AM UTC, then changing the time for the specified or last acquired time zone.)

I have all ready tried the hard reset, followed by allowing satellite lock and verifying correct time, twice. Still, if I turn the watch off, whenever I turn it back on the time is 5:59PM.

Also, I did update to the 2.6 firmware prior to using the hard reset to try to resolve this issue. I had no issues during the firmware upgrade.

UPDATED 2-SEP 4:45PM MDT - I have noticed that the time displayed immediately after power on is the time of the last workout IF THERE ARE ANY STORED WORKOUTS, otherwise the time displayed is 5:59PM 2007-04-02. One of these times is displayed until the satellites are locked, at which point the proper time is displayed. I have tried creating workouts, checking time at power on, clearing the workouts, re-checking the time at power on, and this is always the case.

Can someone confirm if this is normal? Do others just not notice the problem because they never use their 310XT indoors?

Are there any updates to this issue from Garmin?
                            Last edited by PAULFDUNN; 09-02-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

1 April 2007

I also had a session tagged as starting on 1 april 2007 after starting a multisport session without a satellite lock (I think). Making sure the watch is on and locked before hitting the start button has avoided this issue for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X