Collapse
No announcement yet.

connect no longer detecting Forerunner 305

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other item of interest: I noticed that when I run Device Manager, the 305 does show up as a "Garmin USB Device", but there is a small blue question mark next to the icon. Seems like this is telling me something -- but what?

Comment

Removing Samsung KIES worked!

Thanks a lot for pointing out the Samsung KIES problem. I removed the Samsung KIES software completely and my GF305 is recognized by Garmin Training Center and Sport Tracks as before :-).

Comment

Removing HTC Sync Solved It!

Sounds like these Android device-syncing programs are causing interference. After trying a bunch of other things, I remembered that I had installed HTC Sync on my PC only because I do Android app development and needed to connect to my wife's HTC phone for some testing. So, just as removing Samsung Kies helped a number of you, removing HTC sync immediately made my 305 connectable and I was able to upload a bunch of workouts to SportTracks.

Fortunately, for both Kies and HTC Sync, you can remove the utilities (bloatware!) without removing the basic device drivers, so my Android development will not be affected.

Comment

Originally posted by EBUCKINX View Post
          On the Windows 7 desktop, I have added the Samsung Kies application
          Thanks champ. This was my problem too! Uninstalled Kies and FR305 connects again. Garmin support wanted me to send my watch in and pay $120 to get it 'fixed'. That would have been a waste, lucky I checked here.

Comment

Samsung Kies disables Garmin Communicator.

Originally posted by SILVERFOXII View Post
            I've same problem and also have Kies connected, going to uninstall it
            I just uninstalled Kies and everything is back to normal.

Comment

Forerunner 305

The problem is Kies,uninstalled and problem solved. Thanks!

Comment

Confirmed - this solved the probem for me as well. I just updated Kies last week and suspected it to be the culprit right away, but in the absence of a response from Garmin to the support case that I opened I did not uninstall it right away. Like a previous poster I do Android development, which is more important than getting the data of my Forerunner.
                Once I found this thread, though, I went ahead, uninstalled, et voila, I am back in business. Garmin still has not answered my email.

Comment

Ultra-Confirmed! Kies and Garmin Connect don't like one each other.

But..i have good news.
                  You don't need to uninstall Kies .

This worked to me:

1 - CTRL + SHIFT + ESC (Task Manager)
                  2 - Go to Process Tab
                  3 - Order them by name
                  4 - Search for Kies process (i found 3)
                  5 - Kill them
                  6 - Plug your Forerunner 305
                  7 - Open Garmin Connect

Enjoy

Comment

Kudo's to EBuckinx! I have both the 305 and the 910xt. The 910 still imported fine. Removing Kies re-enabled the 305. Weird.

Comment

Am I the only one who's not having a Kies-305 problem? And I even had to install an updated version of Kies last week before updating my Galaxy's firmware. However, I am importing only into SportTracks, so maybe their plugin is doing something differently.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I had exactly the same problem. I installed Samsung for 2 weeks ago and after that i could not upload from my FR305.
                        I just uninstalled Kies and it works again!

Comment

Same here!

Originally posted by EBUCKINX View Post
                          Uninstalling the Samsung Kies application fixed the issue.
                          The same here. It didn't even occur to me that Kies could have been the problem - but spot on!! Thanks so much.

Comment

Help!

Ive got the same problem but dont have Kies. I have windows 8 tho.

Comment

Variation on problem of Forerunner 305 device not connecting: I have a Mac OS x 10.7.5. Garmin WebUpdater and Communicator Plugin are all up to date but don't detect the device.

I installed USB driver update but then saw that it was only for Windows, so irrelevant here.

I'm ready to throw in the towel with Garmin here. I've emailed tech support several times and they keep telling me to update the above software, which is already updated. Any ideas from Mac users out there? Thanks.

Comment

Called Garmin tech support to troubleshoot and we tried the device with another computer (also Mac). The device was still not recognized so we determined that the Forerunner 305, while still charging and recording data, is essentially kaput in the communication department. Options were to send it back for a refurbished one, for $79, or buy a new 210, 610 or 910 before July 1 and get a $50 rebate when I send back the old 305. I opted for that -- looking for the less expensive 210 for the basic data fields I use 99.9% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X