Forerunner 305 won't turn on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forerunner 305 won't turn on

My Forerunner 305 won't turn on. It also does not respond to resetting it by pressing the mode and lap/reset buttons simultaneously. I have tried resetting it both when it is on and off the cradle and neither works. However, when it is on the cradle, I can power it on but it goes off when I remove it from the cradle. Help!

Originally posted by ARECCHIO View Post
    My Forerunner 305 won't turn on. It also does not respond to resetting it by pressing the mode and lap/reset buttons simultaneously. I have tried resetting it both when it is on and off the cradle and neither works. However, when it is on the cradle, I can power it on but it goes off when I remove it from the cradle. Help!

Is the battery charged? Try leaving it on the cradle for a while

Comment

It is fully charged.

Comment

I left it on the cradle all night even though it was fully charged. It still will not turn on nor does resetting it work. Any other suggestions of things I can try?

Comment

Did you try the soft reset? Pressing Mode + Lap together. Then power on.
          - Steve

my GC digest

Comment

The soft reset (pressing mode and lap together then powering on) does not work. It will only power on when it is on the cradle but powers off by itself immediately when I remove it from the cradle.

Comment

I am having the exact same issue. It won't turn on at all while off the cradle. Won't soft reset. Won't hard reset. Will work fine while connected to cradle. Any more ideas?

Comment

Same problem here.... : (( Any solutions?
                Thxs
                Axel C

Comment

Seems to be quite common

I have the same issue too. Don't want to "me too" but it surprises me how many people are reporting it in quick succession. Mine failed to start this morning having worked fine 2 days ago, no charge or other event in the meantime. Have followed all the online advice I can find about soft and hard resets - neither actually give the results described on Garmin's support.

Does anyone have a solution?

Comment

I just received my new 305 in the mail today and charged it for 4 hours and it said "charging complete", but similar to those listed above, mine won't turn on either. I've tried a variety of hard, soft, unprompted, etc resets, but nothing works. I put it back on the cradle and plugged it into the wall and it's not even saying anything on the screen now.

Was there a bad batch of 305's just sent out or what?

Comment

Help!!!

I charged my 305 all night, pulled it off the cradle this morning, went to my race, tried to power it on and nothing. I used it last night for a short 3 mile and it worked fine.
                      When I returned home today I Googled "Garmin Forerunner 305 won't turn on" and was directed here.
                      Looking through all the recent threads, it seems I'm not the only on to have this issue. I have had my 305 for 5 months or so and have 300 miles more or less.

Comment

Have you ever cleared out the history?
                        Phil M.
                        myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
                        F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
                        nüvi 67LMT

Comment

305 Wont Turn On

I'm having the exact same problem however, my unit is ~2 1/2 years old. After waiting on hold for 25mins last week, I got thru to a Garmin guy and he said they can get me a "refurbished" unit (somebody elses problem?) for $85 or so. My guess is they'll just change out the battery. That's too steep for me.

The fact that it starts fine when it's in the cradle (to me) says it's a batter/power issue. Does anyone know how to change out the battery in a FR305?

Comment

Same Issue FR 305 dont turn on

I have FR 305 for 3 years working fine.

Now it is not possible to turn it on, also after recharging overnight.

I have done soft reset and hard reset but it is working only for seconds.
                            If I look to the battery status in the view seconds it showes full loaded.

The SW is the latest one 2.90

Comment

Originally posted by GERHARD_VIENNA View Post
                              I have FR 305 for 3 years working fine. Now it is not possible to turn it on, also after recharging overnight.
                              It appears you've gone through the normal resetting techniques. At this point I suggest you call Garmin support. Even though it is 3 years old and out of warranty, they still offer phone support. For a fee they will replace the unit, if necessary.
                              Phil M.
                              myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
                              F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
                              nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Working...
                              X