Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Elevation drift re: barometer - hardware fix

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevation drift re: barometer - hardware fix

With the known issues surrounding the barometer port being on the back of the watch closest to the skin I wanted to check to see if there has been any fix from Garmin on this? If not, I am considering creating a channel with my dremel to the edge of the frame of the watch to possibly provide a "snorkel" to the atmosphere and then hopefully eliminating the annoying elevation drift.

Has anyone tried something like this? Worth it?

Sounds like a great idea to loose warranty, un-waterproof the watch and interfere the software approach to smoothen it.

Try to use a sweatband or wear the watch over your clothes. Off course you can´t measure the heartrate on your wrist, that time. But you´ll gonne see how much this attempt will help or change the results.

Spoiler-Alarm:
    It won´t
    Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
    GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
    YouTube: My channel
    App: Stretch

Comment

I thought about the same thing but way to risky. I did buy a silicone cover off Amazon and made a small channel in that (only like 1-2mm from the button to the hole). Didn't seem to help at that time but maybe with the new firmware it might. Will try it again on tonight's ride.

https://www.amazon.com/Vivoactive-Pr...active+3+cover

Comment

Working...
      X