Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Problems with Android 9

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Android 9

My phone recently updated to Android 9 (Xiaomi A1).
    Since then, watch-phone BT connection breaks every few minutes, and they are unlinked half of time.
    Due to that, battery lasts half the usual and I miss notifications all the time.

Tried every option in the phone with no result.
    Is there anyone else using last firmwared vivoactive3 and an Android 9 phone? Does it works correctly?

I've been on Pie for two months. No issues with VA3. I have a Pixel 3XL.

Comment

Hi JACalvo,
      I have the same phone and I had the same problem. The problem is that the new android changed the mac adress. Solved un-pairing the connection (in the phone, bluetooth settings, forget vivoactive3) and pairing again (like you made the connection the first day). I had the same problem with other devices like the radio or the car and I solved the same way. Hope it help!

Comment

Originally posted by HerrRiebmann View Post
        Using the search function might help...
        Thanks... And sorry. I really used the search, but only under vivoactive3

Will try some solutions shown there

Comment

Hello,
          i have also Mi A1 and vivoactive 3 watch. Before Android Pie update the connection and the notifications where perfect, no problem. Now after update it keeps disconecting all the time, i am not getting notifications because of that etc. I tried all the above and i follow the suggestions of HerrRiebmann links etc but nothing. I follow also Ferran suggestions but again nothing.

I thought maybe has something to do about the app running on background but i cannot find a way to fix it. Maybe anybody has something else to suggest, until Garmin give us a really solution.

Thanks.

Comment

I've tried everithing suggested here and found no results but with the "Settings->System->Advanced->Reset options->Reset Wi-Fi,mobile&Bluetooth" solution.
            It isn't ideal (lot of work to reconfig every gadget and network you use) and it doesn't work perfectly, the watch keeps disconnecting from time to time, but there are shorter periods, generally not lasting more than a few seconds.

BTW, you can try my watch face "JTN-Analog" wich can show you clearly whether are you or not connected to the phone.
            Last edited by JACalvo; 01-23-2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACalvo View Post
              I've tried everithing suggested here and found no results but with the "Settings->System->Advanced->Reset options->Reset Wi-Fi,mobile&Bluetooth" solution.
              It isn't ideal (lot of work to reconfig every gadget and network you use) and it doesn't work perfectly, the watch keeps disconnecting from time to time, but there are shorter periods, generally not lasting more than a few seconds.

BTW, you can try my watch face "JTN-Analog" wich can show you clearly whether are you or not connected to the phone.
              The same here JACalvo no really solution yet. I was trying for days all the solution's, not only from this thread, but nothing. Now i have the phone bluetooth off until any update.

Comment

I've been on 9.0/Pie on my OP6 for almost 4 months now, with my VA3 (it went to Pie shortly after I got my VA3, coming from a FB), and I have to say, that phone is my most reliable/fast sync, short of the USB cable.
                My old Nexus 6P, running Oreo (8.1) is my primary sync device (it's sort of become my handy mini-tablet, for apps I don't want to load-up on my primary phone, it's a WiFi-only device) will also sync, but it's definitely quite a bit slower, but also gets the job done.

I really think the Wireless(including Bluetooth) reset is the way to go here. I know it's a pain, having to re-pair all the audio devices/cars/PCs/whatever, but it'll reset and reconfigure the MAC and the whole connection, with the VA3.
                I know it's kind of a pain, but really, in terms of things you might have to reset, on an Android device, it's one of the least-intensive, IMHO.
                If you do this, MAKE SURE to let the Garmin app do the re-connect, for the VA, don't do a manual pair (from the phones' Bluetooth settings-interface), as this tends to hose things, as I've learned from experience. Whatever the app does, when it sets up the initial sync, some extra-handshake stuff or similar, seems to be crucial to having it work well.

Comment

Hello Again,
                  i don't know about you guys but i am keep struggling to find a working solution. To remind you again, Vivoactive 3 with Xiaomi mi A1 Android one (Android Pie - 9 version).

The watch keeps reconnecting all the time, i have follow all internet and Garmin suggestions, like Reset all Bluetooth and Wifi data, remove watch from known bluetooth devices, resets of both phone and watch, reinstall garmin connect app, remove and add again the watch to the app etc, the list is very long.

Nothing, before some days i got a software update on the watch, to be honest 2-3 on the row, i did all the steps again but nothing. The watch is uselless as smartwatch for a long time, can i get a serious Garmin support from somewhere?? The watch is very new and my phone has pure Android, can anyone guide me to find a real solution and not only for sending tutorials etc?

Thank you.
                  Last edited by ManosFM; 02-15-2019, 05:20 AM.

Comment

ManosFM The issue may be either a watch update or GCM app update that isn't playing nicely with your model of phone. This happened to me for about a month until a new GCM app update corrected it. While this was going on, I downloaded the Android app "Reconnect Garmin Watch" by Martin Birk from the Play Store and it worked for me. You can give that a try.
                    Last edited by TMK17; 02-15-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem on my Xiaomi A1 and Android P update. My Fenix 3 HR disconnects periodically, I'd say about once every 5-10min. I already re-paired the watch with my phone - the wireless reset solution that apparently works for some people, but not for me unfortunately.

Comment

Hi, I am having great difficulty pairing my xiaomi pocophone f1 with my Garmin Forerunner 735 via garmin connect. I've reset both, deleted app & started again numerous times.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Steven

Comment

Never had this happen with my Pixel 2 and Vivoactive 3. Maybe a Xiaomi A1 problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X