No announcement yet.

5.70 - Let's have a look

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baadnewz View Post
    Since 5.70 battery is pretty bad. 45% lost over 36 hours with no GPS usage.

Steps tried to fix the issue:

1. Factory reset and set it up from scratch
    2. Using a Garmin watchface to make sure there are no issues with the custom one

Problem persists
    Same problem here. I think I found the cause for my drain:

The watch i searching all the time for my HRM strap. I noticed this while driving to the gym. It constantly vibrates and inform that the external strap is connected.

Before I only got this message when I started an activity. If I go to settings and sensors it indicates searching all the time (but I don’t know if this is usual behaviour).

I will see how the battery performs if I disable the sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexxer View Post
      Yeah. GPS.

.....choped....
      You relay cant compare a garmin with a china-too like the Verge from Amazfit. The Webfrontend from Garmin is priceless. BUT
      A Walk with the VA3: https://abload.de/img/va383kdh.png
      Pretty much the same walk with the "Verge": https://abload.de/img/vergefvjlf.png

The clickable thumbs dosent work in this board

VA3 with the latest FW:

The Verge

I dont no whats going on with the VA3. Garmins destinction as "the" GPS manufacture is chaped fpr me.

Comment

This is a walk I did earlier. The black dot is where I stopped with the dog to relieve himself and that bump on the left is the path I have to take to cross that road. I'm on the sidewalk and find the tracking pretty good.

Comment

You guys should not forget, that some maps are also not 100% exact. Even if the GPS would be great, it can be that, the map is shifted a bit. My runs are often a bit beside the sidewalk or dirt road. But always reliable. You can often see, if you switch between satellite and card, that the roads aren´t exact at the same spot.

Hexxer it is hard to believe, that any GPS device in the world will draw such straight lines, as the Verge did. I guess there is some straighten functionality or something going on.
          It would be really interesting to see an activity without a road or evidence for a software.

Personally I´m recording my run activities since 2007 and the VA3 is quite good at it, compared to a lot of different devices. Except at hard rain or in the woods. But most watches are getting confused there.
          Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
          GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
          YouTube: My channel
          App: Stretch

Comment

Hexxer, what recording frequency are you using? The default on the Garmin is "Smart" recording, which records at varying intervals to reduce the memory required to store the track. It can be set to always record once/second, which will record your track more accurately.

-- Pete

Comment

Originally posted by HerrRiebmann View Post
              You guys should not forget, that some maps are also not 100% exact. Even if the GPS would be great, it can be that, the map is shifted a bit. My runs are often a bit beside the sidewalk or dirt road. But always reliable. You can often see, if you switch between satellite and card, that the roads aren´t exact at the same spot.

Hexxer it is hard to believe, that any GPS device in the world will draw such straight lines, as the Verge did. I guess there is some straighten functionality or something going on.
              It would be really interesting to see an activity without a road or evidence for a software.

Personally I´m recording my run activities since 2007 and the VA3 is quite good at it, compared to a lot of different devices. Except at hard rain or in the woods. But most watches are getting confused there.
              Especially since customer grade GPS has several meters accuracy. That's one reason when your GPS in you car is tracing the route to follow and you didn't go the expected route it takes some times for it to notice you're off course.

Comment

Working...
              X