5.70 - Let's have a look

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.70 - Let's have a look

Hi,

im not happy with that device. Since i change from the Forerunner 235 my sleep stats are horrible. Since month i get "deep sleep" states around 1 Minute to 35Minutes.....one time was a hour.
    I pretty sure that the analytics of sleep states are brokes as hell. There is no reason for that. With the 235 i get up to 2h every night, since i move to tha VA3 im "near dead".

I did not read some changes in sleep tracking . In a task i opend i only get the aumatic answers - look that the watch have a god seat and so on. Im realy unhappy with that, additional the GPS Tracking in a workout is not realy exact. On a straight way are a lot of left and right breakouts.

OK. Staged. No update in germany

Comment

Yeah, I came from an Ironic/Charge2/Charge FitBit line, to the VA3, and the sleep isn't even comparable to the Charge2 or Ionic (spelling intentional in first notation).

I've noticed similar, on 5.50, and previous builds, don't really recall what my first build was, about 5 months ago, when I moved to the VA3.

The Garmin is WAY more accurate in terms of HR tracking, and I can wear an optical HR armband, if I really want it to be dead-on, for my fast group rides, so that part is awesome.
      I think though, at least currently, if you want really accurate sleep tracking, FB is simply the "way to go", unfortunately.
      Obviously this is my singular viewpoint, but there are a lot of articles that talk about the accuracy of FB sleep, where it gets pretty close to professional/medical devices, they simply have a great set of sensors and algorithm, that's well-honed to a large set of people's sleep patterns...

Comment

The important thing is. With the Forerunner 235 the Sleep Tracking was comprehensibly. If i had a bad night with 20 minutes of deep sleep im near dead at the following day. Since i wear the VA3 i get 1 minute deep sleep and feel very comfortable all the day, only as an example. Additional is the GPS very unaccurate. On a straight way with a walk side on the reight site? The VA3 tracks my all over and into the houses....not so on the Forerunner 235, and she was years older.

ATM i bitterly regret that i buy the VA3 because all over is this a bad tracker. I sold my forerunner 235 and, at the next possibility, i will do this with the VA3 and never look back (because i did not get my money back from the shop). Good years with the Forerunner are destroyed in weeks.

I updated manual. Can anyone compare?
        SW 5,70
        GPS. 2.30
        TSC: 2.10
        Sensor 6.00
        WHR: 20.03.31
        ConnectIP: 3.0.3
        Last edited by Hexxer; 01-03-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

well just had the update and the one bit I really want is
          • Fixed an issue with fast battery drain while device is off

A lot of us have complained about battery power, whilst watch is on, I currently have to charge every two days with little GPS use, will be checking this VERY VERY carefully
          Garmin owned - Vivosmart HR, Vivofit, Edge 810, Vivoactive, Vector 2

My cycling adventures - https://talesofabrummiecyclist.wordpress.com

Comment

there is already an update in Poland

Comment

ianrobo I don't know what causes this big difference, my VA3 keeps up for 7 days with constant sync with the phone during the day, wearing it 24/7 and 2 cardio trainings (GPS off). With 2 runs (only GPS on), it survives 5 days and still has 15% battery.
              I checked with Battery Widget and I have 0.4% battery drain per hour.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Peter View Post
                ianrobo I don't know what causes this big difference, my VA3 keeps up for 7 days with constant sync with the phone during the day, wearing it 24/7 and 2 cardio trainings (GPS off). With 2 runs (only GPS on), it survives 5 days and still has 15% battery.
                I checked with Battery Widget and I have 0.4% battery drain per hour.
                Very strange isn't it as far too many on here have reported an issue then we get this fix which does not appear to my issue, for reference since the update I have only lost 1% of power
                Garmin owned - Vivosmart HR, Vivofit, Edge 810, Vivoactive, Vector 2

My cycling adventures - https://talesofabrummiecyclist.wordpress.com

Comment

I had seen similar precipitous drops, on my VA3, not too long after purchase, with only one additional watch-face and a couple of widgets installed (all 3rd party, the ones I wanted to use).

I've since switched these around, VERY carefully, to have both the data I want (mostly) and decent battery life, on the order of 3-4 days, or 2-3 if I use a bit of GPS.

I do find it odd that my battery level drops so much doing a non-GPS activity, simply tracking HR into some sort of queue, but using 4-5 times the battery for the activity, close to the amount as if I'd enabled GPS after-all.

Comment

My battery lasts between two weekends with basic screen load and activity tracking on.
                    (classic "time flies" watch face without seconds hand , also just switched recently to another "analog switch" face and liking it so far),
                    Every day walking for lunchtime around a block 30 minutes and every second day walking with GPS for these same 30 minutes, busy collecting my 10K steps at the end of the day .
                    Winter here with at my place with subzero and gusting wind next five or so months, no outdoor activities for a while.
                    I was biking with onboard GPS over summer months, 50 Km trips every second day or let say 150 Km a week, plus every day these my 30 minutes walk routine, I was charging the phone mostly two times a week but never more then 3x.
                    Also to add, the elevation....well, far from perfect, but I don't make a living with that feature and doesn't bother me that sometimes the elevation spikes either the beginning or the end of the trip maximum about 10 Meters...I sad sometimes spikes...and sometimes not. No matter that right now I have a long shirt and a winter coat covering the watch...some days pinpoints my start @ 186 see level sometimes 195 but interestingly the end when I return is all the same...so always the start is a bit messi.

Comment

I'm still on 5.50 in Australia, Garmin Connect says 'Up to date'

Comment

obes73au You can update manual. Take the FW, rename it to GUPDATE.GCD und put it in the "garmin" folder on your watch. Pull the cable out (Watch should be loaded) and wait.
                        http://gawisp.com/perry/vivo/

The new FW dosen change anything.- first is one of my last night with the forerunner. The rest is the crap from the Vivoactive. All the night my HR is logged abd so on, so i ust wear this device is i have to do. All my deep sleep is in the first part of the night, the rest is nothing. ALL the Time

Comment

For me 5.70 brings GPS+GALILEO support. Its quite cool to see GALILEO. I have tested it once and it seems to be a improvement over GLONASS, although it took 2 mins to just start the GPS. Will further test it and update here (mainly precision/accuracy and battery life changes).. Cheers to all and a happy 2019!!

Comment

I've been using 5.70 for about two weeks now and haven't noticed any change in performance. With the exception of elevation accuracy I was quite happy before the update. There does seem to be an improvement in elevation accuracy but time will tell.

As far as GALILEO support is concerned it doesn't seem to be an option for me. I'm still only able to choose between GPS and GPS + GLONASS. Does GALILEO cover the globe? I'm in Malaysia.

Comment

Yeah. GPS.

Thats the SAME way. VA3.No Skyscrappers.

With the VA3 i walk in both directions on the sideway. In the down left side is a street with only one sidewalk.

Forerunner:

(At the werrastrasse i walk over the street).

The years old forerunner is pretty exact. The VA 3 not

Comment

Working...
                              X