No announcement yet.

FW 5.2 heart rate not working

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW 5.2 heart rate not working

is anyone having an issue with HR during cardio activities? Thought i had the issue fixed then did the update and back to the same issue. HR way too low, don’t earn activity points, get frustrated and want to throw it out the window.

working fine here.
    just did one yesterday with 5.2.
    avg hr 140bpm, max 170bpm.

Comment

I have the same issue. Did a run today, and while my heart rate was well above 160 the watch stayed below 130. Can't remember I experienced dit problem before.
      Last edited by Gideon; 07-13-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Today I had the same issue again; it took a whole km before the watch realised my heart rate wasn't 110 bpm, but 170 bpm. Please fix this garmin.

Comment

It works normal here.
          Today I did a running activity of 12km and I had no problems; the average gave 179bpm with fmax of 193bpm.

Comment

HR is working - BUT the History Graph is not updated? Is there a hidden switch now to turn on in FW 5.2?

Comment

Called the customer service. But to no avail. Either the woman didn't understand the issue, or she wasn't interested. After a 15-20 minute wait for an available agent, I was told 'the heart rate didn't lock before you started running' and 'I'll send you an email' before she disconnected. The email I received was unfortunately not helpfull. I was told to wait until the heart symbol stops blinking, and become solid, before starting the activity. My heart symbol didn't/doesn't blink however.

Comment

Came to the forum to report the exact same issue. I was doing interval training on the rower today and could never get my HR to read above 84 despite my actual HR being in the 140-150’s. I’ve been wearing this watch for close to a year and didn’t start having issues with the HR until this release.

I ever played with the watch band tension and wiped the sensor clean. Nothing worked.

My watch is reporting my vigorous workout as a leisurely vacation.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. I'm a new user so I can't compare to previous software updates, but I know my HR is not working. Sprint intervals today with a 125 heart rate- it should easily be in the 150-160 range. Tried moving the watch to the other wrist, moving to the underside of my wrist, powering down the watch---no luck. Super frustrating.

Comment

I also have a problem with HR reading. I can start off on an activity and the HR is correct in the beginning of the activity. Then - when I go into steeper hills, and I know that the HR has increased to about 140 (manual reading) the VA3 shows much lower HR, about 100 and even lower. When I reach the top of the extreme steep hill, the VA3 shows after 10 - 20 seconds a correct HR. But during the walk up the hill, the recorded HR is only 85 - 100. I find this frustrating, and find the HR not very reliable. It looks as when the HR increeases, the VA3 cannot cope with the increase, and drops to a much lower value. The fit is accurate, and the amount of sweat between my wrist and the VA3 is minimal. Garmin - I thought you had reliable HR monitors, or????

Comment

I also noticed a strange behavior on VA3. Almost every morning I measure hrv with a chest strap for Elite HRV, and so - the readings from the VA3 often differ by >30%. It seems to me that if va3 does not get shocks from the 3d sensor, then it falsifies the readings I can slip a metal ruler between the clock and hand, but the sensor still shows a slightly varying pulse. A minute and longer. This nonsense stops if the watch is removed from the hand - the light of the sensor goes out. After that, if the clock is laid back, reading becomes close to the truth. I do not know if it's a bug or a feature.

Comment

Working...
                      X