Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New improved sleep tracking coming soon!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New improved sleep tracking coming soon!

Along with the announcement of the new Vivoactive 3 Music, Garmin also announced an improved sleep tracking update for several existing watches:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/garmins-ne...leep-tracking/

"Garmin's also promising an improved sleep tracking system that's arriving "soon," using heart rate variability and adding REM, light and deep sleep awareness -- much like what Fitbit already does. The sleep tracking enhancements will come to the Vivoactive 3, Forerunner 645, Forerunner 935, Fenix 5 watches, Vivosport, Vivosmart 3 and Vivomove HR."

I don't know about you, but I am actually more excited about this than the music! This will add more details and ability to see REM, light and deep sleep as well!

I assume this will require a new firmware update - if so, saying it's coming 'soon' could mean as long as 6 months, if not more.... Hoping for sooner than that, but - I'm not getting my hopes up just yet....

Comment

Well, it looks like they did not need to use a firmware update to do this, which makes sense as this happens on the app and not on the watch. I am now able to get the REM sleep tracking as well. So perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised that they beat your estimate of 6 months, lol!

Comment

So do they give us the abilitu to track additional sleep or snap during day time.?

Comment

Originally posted by litetaker View Post
          Well, it looks like they did not need to use a firmware update to do this, which makes sense as this happens on the app and not on the watch. I am now able to get the REM sleep tracking as well. So perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised that they beat your estimate of 6 months, lol!
          How do you turn this on?

Comment

Are naps recognized now?

Comment

Originally posted by Hervandil View Post

How do you turn this on?
              It is turned on by default. And sadly, naps are still not recognized, nor can you input them manually either.
              Last edited by litetaker; 06-20-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

If you want naps added, make a suggestion to Garmin:
                https://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/

The last device that did naps was introduced in early 2015, and not long after, the sleep processing was moved from the watch to the servers, and no device since has recorded naps.
                My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
                Facebook - Instagram -
                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X