No announcement yet.

Refund

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund

Has anybody managed to get a full refund for the product based upon the large number of features not working as advertised?
    Last edited by snappyads; 02-12-2018, 02:44 AM.

I haven't tried but, in the UK, I would expect this to be unproblematic, with any reputable retailer.

Comment

I did ask for warranty for replacement (garmin.sk) and I plan give one more try as HR drops a lot. They were far from to be accurate. FR35 we're align with machine, F5 now are precise, VA3 difference was showing 70bpm when I was at 160bpm

Comment

Originally posted by yangwao View Post
        I did ask for warranty for replacement (garmin.sk) and I plan give one more try as HR drops a lot. They were far from to be accurate. FR35 we're align with machine, F5 now are precise, VA3 difference was showing 70bpm when I was at 160bpm
        same issue here

Comment

I find this watch completely unprepared to be released. My major issue (except random screens) is the over sensitive display. I cannot swim with it or wear it under clothes as the screen gets activated even by a drop of water! Is Garmin planning to recognise that they have released a defective product and replace/refund?

Comment

Unless you purchased direct from Garmin, I wouldn't expect it to be Garmin's job to replace or refund it -- isn't that the responsibility of the retailer?

Comment

I got refund from the retailer Mediamarkt where I purchased a VA3. They have a 42 day return policy. I needed 3 days to conclude this is not the watch I was expecting for the price. My VAHR isn't also without issues, but far less then the VA3, so I keep wearing that one.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsTheBear View Post
                Unless you purchased direct from Garmin, I wouldn't expect it to be Garmin's job to replace or refund it -- isn't that the responsibility of the retailer?
                The unit was manufactured by Garmin, not by the retailer. I bought the watch on eBay and not directly from a retailer. The issues that concern me have been reported by many other users so the model itself was not correctly engineered (display over sensitivity in particular). In such circumstances Garmin should stop selling the model and recall the ones already sold if the issues cannot be corrected by firmware. Finally, the watch cannot serve its purposes (action tracking).

Comment

I cannot find the original purchase receipt so the retailer will only offer me an exchange with the same model. Frankly based on my experience I think I would prefer to have my money back. Just wanted to know if anyone had successfully achieved this through support

Comment

Originally posted by Rellyc View Post

The unit was manufactured by Garmin, not by the retailer. I bought the watch on eBay and not directly from a retailer. The issues that concern me have been reported by many other users so the model itself was not correctly engineered (display over sensitivity in particular). In such circumstances Garmin should stop selling the model and recall the ones already sold if the issues cannot be corrected by firmware. Finally, the watch cannot serve its purposes (action tracking).
                    When did you purchase your VA3? As you stated Garmin is the manufacture and not the retailer. Garmin has always been great with replacements, but if you're looking for a refund you need to go to the retailer. They're the one's who received your money and they would be the one responsible to reimburse you if that's what you're seeking.

Comment

If there have been improvements and the new units don't have the same issues I would be very glad with a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Rellyc View Post

I guess this is a jurisdictional matter. In the UK, if I buy a Garmin watch through a retailer, or private individual, I have no legal contract with Garmin. My legal rights lay against the person I bought it from, and only that person. The manufacturer may choose to replace or refund something, but is under no legal obligation to do so.

This situation might be different in other locations.

One of the reasons that consumer goods are so expensive in the UK, compared to the USA for example, is that UK law creates strong rights for consumers against retailers. Unfortunately, we don't benefit from those rights when buying from private individuals, either on eBay or elsewhere, and the cost savings we get in buying that way sometimes turn out to be false economies.

Comment

I got full refund after 75days from amazon.de.

Comment

I have emailed support asking for a refund. I've had the watch too long to get one from my retailer. I've been frustrated with a few features not working well or at all and also just feeling like a beta tester. For me the major deal breakers are the heart rate not broadcasting properly, and the heart rate being completely inaccurate during an activity even when warm, inside with a tight strap etc...

Comment

Working...
                            X