No announcement yet.

Shutting off after charge...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting off after charge...

My brother have a new VA3... But when He put the monitor to charge and complete...If he disconect the monitor to the charge... The VA3 not run...trying and trying to power on...and drenate the battery...Some othe case similar?.

In first time the VA3 power on...but now not run... How is a hard reset in VA3?

Kind regads..

Update:

Now only reboot and reboot bucle...not do anymore...

Comment

Return the money in the store...Other new unit soon...

Comment

I bought my VA3 during the initial US release back in September. I believe it was FW 2.40. I had a lot of the minor issues others were seeing, but nothing major until 2.90. Since that update I've charged my watch 3 times and I've had the watch restart after disconnecting every time. Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. This time as it restarted it got stuck in the boot loop. All I had was the blue triangle on the screen and the watch would vibrate every few minutes. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't "see" it as an external drive. I let the battery die overnight and tried connecting to my computer again this morning. It immediately goes back into the boot loop once connected to power. With the sensors constantly disconnecting, GPS recording when it's not suppose to and vise versa, and deciding I'm not a big fan of touchscreens, I not going to wait for Garmin to get things right. I'll contact Garmin Monday for an exchange and then give the watch away to someone who has more patience that I have. I purchased the FR935 from Amazon and it'll be delivered on Monday. I hope Yone and I were the exceptions and not the start a new problem.

Comment

just curious what are u using to recharge?
          i noticed now with v2.90, when its plugged into my usb port it doesn't detect it as a drive... instead charges with the clock showing.
          i have to manually start garmin connect then it'll only open up.
          and yea, all settings are still the same as its always been.

Comment

USB to computer. I too was seeing the watch face while charging. It looked like a split screen with the watch face and charge percentage. I didn't notice if the computer recognized the drive prior to the boot loop because I was only charging at the time and not opening Express or Connect.

Comment

Originally posted by TMK17 View Post
              I bought my VA3 during the initial US release back in September. I believe it was FW 2.40. I had a lot of the minor issues others were seeing, but nothing major until 2.90. Since that update I've charged my watch 3 times and I've had the watch restart after disconnecting every time. Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. This time as it restarted it got stuck in the boot loop. All I had was the blue triangle on the screen and the watch would vibrate every few minutes. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't "see" it as an external drive. I let the battery die overnight and tried connecting to my computer again this morning. It immediately goes back into the boot loop once connected to power. With the sensors constantly disconnecting, GPS recording when it's not suppose to and vise versa, and deciding I'm not a big fan of touchscreens, I not going to wait for Garmin to get things right. I'll contact Garmin Monday for an exchange and then give the watch away to someone who has more patience that I have. I purchased the FR935 from Amazon and it'll be delivered on Monday. I hope Yone and I were the exceptions and not the start a new problem.
              The same that my brother... He is waiting for the new unit...But looks some real problem general...

Comment

Originally posted by Everdying View Post
                just curious what are u using to recharge?
                i noticed now with v2.90, when its plugged into my usb port it doesn't detect it as a drive... instead charges with the clock showing.
                i have to manually start garmin connect then it'll only open up.
                and yea, all settings are still the same as its always been.
                Yes USB plug...for three or four times...finally, star the problems...At the first the watch connect good to the pc and charge...

Comment

Working...
                X