Collapse
No announcement yet.

Index scale suddenly gives me bad value

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water percentage increase and Fat percentage decreased, like the switched places.

Comment

Same for me since this morning. I have not changed any setting.

Regards

sl91

Comment

same problem here.

Comment

Glad to hear people are seeing same problem as me. I tried a reset and changing the batteries. It didn't fix it. My BF has been about 10% too low for the last several days. I noticed my BF went way down and my bone mass and body water percentage jumped up.
          Last edited by amowers; 09-12-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Same here. Body fat dropped from 18 to 11 and my activity level is 5. If I lower my activity level it goes back to 18 bf but changes to 11 the next day.

Comment

I have experienced the same issue.

Comment

Yep something change I have about 1.5 years of data from the Garmin scale that has my body at 12-14 On Friday it changed to 7% every day since so whats changed? New web version? BETA version of GCM that's about the time mine changed.
                Bart
                Currently own: Fenix 5X | Forerunner 935
                Vivoactive | Edge 520 | Varia Radar
                SDM4 Footpodsx2 HRM-TRI | HRM-SWIM | Tempe Sensor
                Stryd

Comment

Same here. fat and muscle mass strongly decreased while bone and water increased.

Comment

Let people report this issue to garmin support, I did and give reference link to this thread as well..

Comment

Originally posted by dchenard View Post
                      This 28th August I got and set my new Fenix 5

This 29th August, the weights was good but got wrong since 30th...

Is it a side effect with my new F5 ?
                      Yes.

Garmin Fenix 5 Series is with a bugged firmware (it's been several weeks now). Every time you sync the Watch (at least Wifi), it will replace the Garmin index weight with the weight on Watch settings.

Comment

The weight being replaced is not inherent to the Fenix 5 series this has happened since the first launch of the index scale. If you make a change on Garmin connect or go into your user profile GCM and make changes to something other than weight and save your settings, it will also wipe out the previous weight and metrics and replace it .
                        Bart
                        Currently own: Fenix 5X | Forerunner 935
                        Vivoactive | Edge 520 | Varia Radar
                        SDM4 Footpodsx2 HRM-TRI | HRM-SWIM | Tempe Sensor
                        Stryd

Comment

Just logged in to report I'm having the same exact problems everyone else has been having. Unacceptable!

Comment

Same issue here. Since September 10, huge drop in Body Fat %, huge rise in Bone Mass and Body% Water. Tried resetting and cleaning the top plate. I'm currently on activity level 6 with no change.

Comment

I do have exactly the same problem as described above. The strange thing is that another user of the same scale (my wife) does not have that problem - double checked this morning.Is there a way how to check the latest date of device update? my first strange set of data comes from 09-09-2017

Comment

And wich devices (watch )you and your wife has ?
                                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-14-2017, 12:26 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post immediately above yours. It's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X