Vivosmart screen missing lines of pixel for display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivosmart screen missing lines of pixel for display

Does anyone else have this issue where your screen is missing pixels in lines?

Mine seems a bit smoother than your photos but on the other hand when I look at my display through a magnifying glass, it's less so. Your photo of the move bar though shows a gap that I definitely don't have on mine.

Comment

Just this past weekend mine developed the same problem. Mine has seven lines missing with only two being in the same positions as your six missing lines. I started an online repair request that they quickly responded to asking me to connect to charger doing a sync saying if that doesn't help I will most likely have to send back for exchange. Which I did and didn't help. Haven't received a RMA yet.
      Last edited by gderrick1961; 04-20-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Mine developed exactly the same problem. I've sent it to repair here in Brazil. It has only 3 months old, at least whithin warranty, but It hasn't returned yet. Let's hope this isn't a permanent issue of the product.

Comment

The exact same thing happened to me (I purchased it early in April 2015), and about 2 weeks in, I noticed 4 or 5 lines missing. At this point, I contacted the service, and will get an exchange. I am sitting at about 16 lines missing now. I hope it will be a little bit more solid moving forward, because this did not last long!

Comment

having a very similar issue but with two lines of about 5 horizontal pixels on the right side (where the low battery icon shows, the top and bottom of the battery icon are almost cut due to missing lines).
            The VS has 6 months or so, must be really bad quality to have this issue already.

Comment

Same on mine. Last week I had one dead line, then with each day passing the numbers of lines increased, and they now run both directions (vertically and horizontally) through the display.

Set up an exchange (where they charge my CC, send me a unit, then I send mine back), and still waiting for the exchange unit, still not shipped. Have to wait until Monday to call Garmin and get this fixed....Might try to exchange at Best Buy and make it their problem, but bought in February, probably out of luck.

Comment

I Had the same problem:
                Staring with 1 line, and 1 month later I had 10 lines missing.
                Since three weeks ago it had trouble charging, I connected it to a computer and load properly. Now has no battery and is not working. No way to reload it, I tried all kinds of chargers.

I lost the receipt and wrote to Best Buy to send me a copy. But no luck yet. Therefore I can not send for repair.

I bought this on February 2015.
                Last edited by Claudsson; 05-18-2015, 12:06 PM. Reason: I want to add info

Comment

I don't believe the vivosmart is out on the market for a year yet so, with a bit of coaxing, I would think Garmin should probably honour the warrantee even without a proof of purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by pshare View Post
                    I don't believe the vivosmart is out on the market for a year yet so, with a bit of coaxing, I would think Garmin should probably honour the warrantee even without a proof of purchase.
                    I agree. But seems they aren´t like Apple, and they don´t want to. I have seen lot of problems with this product in this forum. They should be thinking in fixing all of them.

best.

Comment

Call them again. I had an issue with my vivofit (I lost it when it fell off my wrist) and the first support person offered to sell me a replacement at a reduced price. When I called back a few days later, the next support person agreed to send me a replacement.

Comment

I had my vivosmart replaced due to a messed up screen about a month ago. I purchased it on release date. I called them and all they did is verify that it's not a year old via serial number (though none should be since it came out last September) and then sent me a new one. I had to temporarily pay for the new one until they received my defective unit. Took about 5 days to get a new one and about 10 to get my refund after that. Pretty quick and painless process. Never had to show them a receipt.

Comment

Just started noticing I have a vertical line of pixels missing as well. Only one so far. Received it as a gift for Christmas. I'll call Garmin if it gets worse, but not looking promising based on all the replies already.

Comment

Fading Oled Screen

Both Myself and partner have screens that are losing lines top and bottom , so far we have never found any Smart watch that's lasted a whole year !

Comment

My pixels are also dying by the bunch. I bought mine about half way through March, so it's about 4.5 months old.

It started with one row three days ago. I figured I would live with it as long as it remained only one row. Since then, 9 more have gone out, bringing it to a total of 10 dead rows. It's become difficult to read some icons and words at this point. I guess I'll be opening up a warranty ticket as well.

Does anyone know if they have made any updates to the newer Vivosmarts or if they are still using the same display hardware? I'd hate to go through the warranty process only to have the same problem four months down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X