Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Garmin Fit gone???

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually agree that the lack of an app can be an issue for Garmin eventually.

In my own experience, I was using a Garmin device for cycling but would have had to reconfigure my display completely for running. I decided instead to use Garmin Fit for running so I bought it for $0.99 on Google Play. The problem with it though was that I couldn't get the HRM to connect to my phone. What I ended up doing instead was installing Wahoo Fitness thanks to a recommendation from someone here. Wahoo Fitness connects to my HRM and also supports GPS. It also will sync to Connect.

So the question I ask is what if Wahoo Fitness wasn't there? What would I do? I would try another app and possibly switch to a different vendor's environment if I liked the way it worked.

Why do I think so? Because that's how I ended up here from Polar.

Comment

Get Garmin Fit and start making the most of your exercise routine. This powerful app turns your smartphone into a powerful fitness training tool. The Garmin Fit app was designed to be used with a wide range of wireless fitness sensors. Easily monitor how hard you’re working with a heart rate monitor, train indoors with a foot pod, or receive valuable cycling data with a speed/cadence sensor and power meter. To use these sensors, your Android device must be ANT enabled.

Comment

i was wondering too , and now i know that it's gone
        http://dessertshome.com
        Top 25 Easy Dessert Recipes With Few Ingredients | Easy cookie recipes with few ingredients

Comment

I definitely think Garmin is missing out on a huge customer base by not supporting a running app. There is a huge demographic of people that have no desire for the Fenix's / Forerunners / Vivoactives, but would gladly pay $2.99 (more for Premium membership yearly subscription) for an app to use in the Garmin Ecosystem. I cant imagine there would be many people that decide not to buy a Fenix 3 or Forerunner 230 and opt for the app instead.

I personally like having the app as there have been more than a few times either I forgot to bring my watch to a race or brought a watch with a dead battery and used the app instead. The app added value to me.

They could even let people link there Vivosmart / Vivofit to the app and use your phone GPS, with the purchase of a premium membership.

But alas, this make too much sense so it wont happen, much like Garmin letting you use two fitness trackers throughout the day and have the steps total in Connect. You know, like Fitbit does and Microsoft does with the Band 2 and your phone.

Comment

Where did you hear that? The Fit app has been retired for quite a while now and hadn't been updated for years before that.
            free mp3 download

Comment

To those who recommended Whaoo Fitness - now that this app no longer syncs with Garmin Connect, what have you moved onto?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think there's a direct solution like Wahoo Fitness was to your question. I think the only possibility would be to use wahoo fitness or something similar and then sync back to Connect through a site like Tapiriic. It's a bit kludgy though.

Comment

Working...
                X