No announcement yet.

Gesture setting changes without user action

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gesture setting changes without user action

Because I wanted to use the function to switch on the backlight by tapping on the screen, I edited the Backlight settings (Gesture Off, Time-out 5 sec, & Mode On) and the function was working.

But after an uncertain period tapping does not turn on the backlight anumore. When I look in the Backlight setttings, then I see that Gesture is changed from Off to Always On. To get the function working again I have to change Gesture back to Off and toggle the Mode from On to Off and On again, but after an uncertain period it stops working, because something changes without user action Gesture to Always On.

By testing I noticed that a forced synchronisation of my S60 with Garmin Connect Mobile on my Android Phone also changed the Gesture setting, so I think that an automatic synchronisation is causing that the Gesture setting is changed without user action. It could be a S60 or a Garmin Connect Mobile problem.

Hopefully somebody from Garmin can help me solving this problem.

The problem is solved with the update of a new version of Garmin Connect Mobile for Android 3.22.0.1 and now the backlight settings stay the samen and the backlight is everytime activated by tapping on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by AntondeRuiter View Post
      The problem is solved with the update of a new version of Garmin Connect Mobile for Android 3.22.0.1 and now the backlight settings stay the samen and the backlight is everytime activated by tapping on the screen.
      Glad to hear this has been resolved for you. S60 was not the only device affected by this, so we will see more good reports from customers wearing our watches.

Luke
      Garmin Outdoor SW Quality Team

Comment

Working...
      X