Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the proper way to use AutoShot with Statistics Tracker (club select)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the proper way to use AutoShot with Statistics Tracker (club select)

I've played about 4-5 rounds with the S60. I use the Autoshot feature with Stats tracking. I've noticed that after the round when viewing scorecard and shot data, that I will have short drives 30-40 yards, then another shot shows up after that, despite not having 'muffed' my drive. I'm guessing that after a shot is made, the S60 asks what club did I use and clocks the distance where I'm standing, or if I drive to the forward tees and then mark the club hit. So, am I supposed to drive to the ball before I tell the S60 which club I just hit? It would seem so, but the manual seems to indicate it won't calc the shot distance until the next shot is hit.

mate, you are better off enjoying your golf, rather than worrying about this gimmick on this watch with no instruction manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty View Post
      mate, you are better off enjoying your golf, rather than worrying about this gimmick on this watch with no instruction manual.
      So, did you return yours?

Comment

SamboCaesar , could you attach some screenshots from Garmin Connect Mobile that show specific holes of these shots?

With Autoshot and Club Tracking enabled, it's best to choose the club before you take the next shot, but you do not have to choose as soon as you take a hit. The watch records the GPS location when it detects a hit, it does not record the location of your club choice. If you don't choose a club before your next shot, the previous hit is still recorded, but Garmin Connect will simply show the previous hit as 'Shot #'.

If it's easier, feel free to send an email to approach.beta@garmin.com with your screenshots and any additional questions you may have. We are always here to help.

Luke
        Garmin Outdoor SW Quality Team

Comment

Originally posted by SamboCaesar View Post

So, did you return yours?
          i have been very tempted to return this. I have contacted the consumer affairs department in my country, hopefully they will persuade Garmin to provide better customer outcomes with this product

Comment

Luke odsweng
            How to choose a club before shot? My watch show me this option only after autoshot detect the shot.
            Another question why there is no stats support to club stats when I enter clubs manualy after the round? The whole possibility to correct club stats after the round seems pointless.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drack87 View Post
              Luke odsweng
              How to choose a club before shot? My watch show me this option only after autoshot detect the shot.
              Another question why there is no stats support to club stats when I enter clubs manualy after the round? The whole possibility to correct club stats after the round seems pointless.

Thanks
              The club choice option only displays after your watch has detected a shot, and this is correct behavior. Club tracking was intended to show what club you hit for each shot on the map of every hole after the scorecard is uploaded as well as computing averages for each club. You can find the average distance for each club in the Gear menu of your Garmin Connect account. Hope this helps!

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty View Post

i have been very tempted to return this. I have contacted the consumer affairs department in my country, hopefully they will persuade Garmin to provide better customer outcomes with this product
                Scotty

If you are having difficulties/questions regarding your watch, please contact us directly at Approach.Beta@garmin.com.

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by odsweng View Post

The club choice option only displays after your watch has detected a shot, and this is correct behavior. Club tracking was intended to show what club you hit for each shot on the map of every hole after the scorecard is uploaded as well as computing averages for each club. You can find the average distance for each club in the Gear menu of your Garmin Connect account. Hope this helps!

Luke
                  The problem is that gear menu / average distance stats of each club is created only from shots where club was seted up on the course. Not after game which include even wrong assignments / shots corrections. a) not everyone want to do it on course b) if you cant edit it after round, it is anyway not correct and "average" is by definition heavily affected by wrong numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by drack87 View Post

The problem is that gear menu / average distance stats of each club is created only from shots where club was seted up on the course. Not after game which include even wrong assignments / shots corrections. a) not everyone want to do it on course b) if you cant edit it after round, it is anyway not correct and "average" is by definition heavily affected by wrong numbers.
                    You are able to edit every club/shot after your round has been uploaded to Garmin Connect, so if you choose the wrong club during your round, it can be changed. We also understand that chip shots, pitches, etc can affect average distances and we are working on ways to improve that experience for all our golfing customers.

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by odsweng View Post

You are able to edit every club/shot after your round has been uploaded to Garmin Connect, so if you choose the wrong club during your round, it can be changed. We also understand that chip shots, pitches, etc can affect average distances and we are working on ways to improve that experience for all our golfing customers.

Luke
                      Yes, I can correct it after the game. However corrected data is not affecting Club stats: average club distance. Just longest drive is affected by editing.
                      What I have expected is that it will recalc after editing or at least once a day etc.

Chips shoots needs possibility to add new shot on PC, simply by placing that into map.

Comment

Working...
                      X