Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to activate AutoShot on a Fenix 5

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Luke. I can't wait to get this functionality back!! Without auto shot detection, there is really no point in using the watch for golf.

Comment

The link for the beta isn't working for me. I keep getting an error message: A server with the specified hostname could not be found.

Comment

Helo Luke,
        do you know when the new release with fixed autoshot functions will be able ?

Comment

I have just switched from a Fenix 3 HR to 5X and one of the main reasons for going to the 5X was the autoshot function. I am very frustrated to find out that this function not working.

Is there a time frame for the public release of 6.75?

I dont want to install the beta and find out that something else is going to fail and get told that because it is a beta this is bound to happen.

Comment

This has gotten to the point of ridiculousness. We're going on 6-7 weeks now with this issue not being corrected. There is no other (golf) feature that is more important that it works than autoshot detection. Just inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by aflorest View Post
              I have just switched from a Fenix 3 HR to 5X and one of the main reasons for going to the 5X was the autoshot function. I am very frustrated to find out that this function not working.

Is there a time frame for the public release of 6.75?

I dont want to install the beta and find out that something else is going to fail and get told that because it is a beta this is bound to happen.
              I get your point (as I tend to agree), although it doesn't matter in this case because the link for the beta doesn't work. Priceless, Garmin.

Comment

No thanks to Garmin or Luke, but I found the beta (now the 6.78 beta) and was able to figure out how to install it. Here it is...

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11661

After playing today, I can confirm that it does correct the auto shot feature. However, one big annoyance is that unlike before, it times out after a short period of time. Several times today I would start the "Measure Shot" feature and by the time I got to my ball, the watch would be back at the home golf screen forcing me to go back and select the feature. At least it works but I wish they wouldn't have added a time out feature like this!

Comment

Garmin Support - we're now into December and I'm yet to see a proper firmware update for Fenix 5 (my watch is still on version 6.00) to fix the broken golf autoshot feature. This issue was first reported over 2 months ago. Please get this fixed for goodness' sake, one of the main reasons I purchased the Fenix 5 was for the golfing feature, this is getting beyond a joke. Just ridiculous. I used to love my Fenix 5, but now could never recommend Garmin products on the basis that you produce lovely devices that are totally let down by useless buggy software! Do you have any idea when the next firmware release might be?

Comment

Working...
                  X