Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activitiy stuck in "uploading" in Garmin Connect from Edge 500

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I changed the time zone on my connect.garmin profile and also noticed a firmware update for my 800 dealing with "time zone". This mornings ride along with all my other rides since the 6th Feb uploaded seamlessly. I'll try uploading this afternoons ride with the time zone set back to +8 Western Australia, hopefully that will upload without issue.

Comment

Glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing this! Pulling my hair out the past few days with this. I am also in Perth and confirm that once I changed my GC Profile Time Zone to +8 China it uploaded without any hassle.

Using a Forerunner 110
      Last edited by TBGAME; 02-11-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIP.WALKER View Post
        Hi there Garmin users.
        I have experienced the same problem with never-ending uploading icon hanging. This has only happened after updating from 3.0 version firmware to 3.2 on my Edge 500 last week on the 5th Feb. No uploads have worked since then. Strava and Training Centre uploads work fine.
        Ya I suspect that may have had something to do with it. it is my first attempt to upload after the firmware update but I updated my firmware back in December last year so can't be for sure.

And yes, changing the time Zone on the Garmin Connect settings page to China +8 did the trick. all my rides have uploaded in a snap. I wonder if they screwed the time zone in the firmware and dropped off WA from it or something.

ah well at least there is a workaround.
        I hope this is fixed before the next time I have to upload to Garmin Connect

Comment

As with other fellow users, don't wait for Garmin to respond, not sure who originally found the fix, however changing time zone from WA to China + 8 worked instantly. So thank you to whoever passed that on.
          Cheers Ian

Comment

Awesome, thanks for posting this fix who ever found it. I have been chewing at the bit trying to get this fixed!! Thanks.
            So I guess we cant use Garmin products in Perth anymore then.

Comment

Originally posted by IGREENE73 View Post
              As with other fellow users, don't wait for Garmin to respond, not sure who originally found the fix, however changing time zone from WA to China + 8 worked instantly. So thank you to whoever passed that on.
              Cheers Ian
              I had tried copying the fit files to my computer and uploading manually with no success. I just switched the timezone to China +8 as suggested and the files uploaded with no problem.
              I am in singapore (same timezone as WA) so I guess there is some problem with the timezone.

Thanks to all who commented!!

Comment

Originally posted by DANIANDERSON View Post
                ..............<snip>.........I am in singapore (same timezone as WA) so I guess there is some problem with the timezone.........<snip>..........
                Yeah next time I do an upload I'm going to change it back to GMT+8 (Perth) and see if it's still doing the same...cheers!

Comment

Same issue in Perth - Fixed by changing time zone to China

Same issue in Perth - Fixed by changing time zone to China

Comment

How do I do that on a forerunner10?

Comment

How to Change Timezone

You don't change the timezone on the device, change it under your "settings" on the Garmin Connect website.
                      I Also Changed to China timzone, which is the same for Perth (+8.00 GMT) and this worked. However this looks like it is a problem with the Garmin website and or Firmware on the devices.
                      Looks like this thread has been running for sometime, Garmin look like they are sitting on their hands. They haven't even bothered to respond to my request for help posted 1 week ago.
                      NOT GOOD GARMIN
                      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-13-2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Note this is mainly a user to user forum, although some Garmin staff do pop in from time to time. You might be better calling Customer Support.
                        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                          Note this is mainly a user to user forum, although some Garmin staff do pop in from time to time. You might be better calling Customer Support.
                          Well there's another big failing on there behalf, we are all trying to fix this for them, and the silence is deafening!!

Thanks JMORGANDELAINE

Comment

There you go!!

With absolutely no thanks to Garmin, it is now "working". I changed my time zone to China, and all of the runs have uploaded!

Thanks to all on this forum.

Garmin should be ashamed with the lack of customer support.

Comment

I think Perhaps this may be an issue with the daylight saving times in different timezones and the effect this may have on the files on the GPS when uploading to Garmin Connect.
                              Perth Western Australia does not do daylight Saving, China might? .
                              I have noted there is no daylight saving options in the settings on Garmin Connect so perhaps the website or firmware developers should have a look.

A quick look around this forum would suggest that this particular issue is widespread and, my experience as evidence, is not being addressed by Garmin.
                              I understand that the problem may not have got to Garmin customer support but I doubt that as I myself have lodged a support request via e-mail and have had no response other than a confirmation e-mail. I am sure other forum users have lodged similar requests with Garmin.

This forum Topic started in 2011, I cannot believe that Garmin has not noticed it.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Thanks for figuring out a fix guys... I thought my Garmin was broken.

Cheers

Originally posted by JMORGANDELAINE View Post
                                I think Perhaps this may be an issue with the daylight saving times in different timezones and the effect this may have on the files on the GPS when uploading to Garmin Connect.
                                Perth Western Australia does not do daylight Saving, China might? .
                                I have noted there is no daylight saving options in the settings on Garmin Connect so perhaps the website or firmware developers should have a look.

A quick look around this forum would suggest that this particular issue is widespread and, my experience as evidence, is not being addressed by Garmin.
                                I understand that the problem may not have got to Garmin customer support but I doubt that as I myself have lodged a support request via e-mail and have had no response other than a confirmation e-mail. I am sure other forum users have lodged similar requests with Garmin.

This forum Topic started in 2011, I cannot believe that Garmin has not noticed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X