No announcement yet.

Gear mileage and activity count not updating correctly

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear mileage and activity count not updating correctly

I recently added a new bicycle tire to my gear, set it as default for cycling, but my new activities did not change the number of activities or mileage for the new tire. Garmin Connect is allocating the gear to the activity, but is not updating the mileage or activity count for the gear item. This can be corrected by removing the gear from the ride then adding it again, but that is a pain. I use the gear feature to track maintenance schedules for all of my parts that can wear out. Please fix this.
    After some additional digging, it seems Garmin Connect stopped updating the gear statistics on or about September 4, 2018.
    Last edited by brucebeisel; 09-12-2018, 02:54 PM.

Noticed a similar with with my running gear stats since Sunday. The summary screen doesn't update the activity count or mileage for my default shoes. Shows only 14 activities but when I click the link it lists all 17 activities (14 + my Sunday, Tues and Weds runs)

Comment

Originally posted by brucebeisel View Post
      I recently added a new bicycle tire to my gear, set it as default for cycling, but my new activities did not change the number of activities or mileage for the new tire. Garmin Connect is allocating the gear to the activity, but is not updating the mileage or activity count for the gear item. This can be corrected by removing the gear from the ride then adding it again, but that is a pain. I use the gear feature to track maintenance schedules for all of my parts that can wear out. Please fix this.
      After some additional digging, it seems Garmin Connect stopped updating the gear statistics on or about September 4, 2018.
      I have the exact same problem, none of my gear are getting updated.

Comment

Originally posted by brucebeisel View Post
        I was having the same issue with shoes I've had added for a couple months. I should've had 37 activities but only 32 were registering, even though each activity did actually list the correct gear. As a fix, I tried what you did, namely removing the gear from a running activity and then adding it back. After I did that to the first activity, all the others updated. Is this what you experienced or did you have to do it to all of them?

Comment

There are already several other threads discussing this issue:
          https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/garmin-connect/troubleshooting/1399907-distance-kms-not-adding-to-my-gear
          https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/garmin-connect/1398537-default-gear-bug
          Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
          Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

Working...
          X