No announcement yet.

Garmin Connect not syncing with My Fitness Pal

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Connect not syncing with My Fitness Pal

I recently upgraded from a Forerunner 210 to a Fenix 5s. I am trying to sync my Garmin Connect account with My Fitness Pal. When I press the sync button on the Dashboard, it tells me "Just a minute. We're syncing your accounts." It seems to freeze there and never actually sync. Any ideas?

Have you tried to "unlink" or "unauthorize" and then "relink" or "authorize" again after the change in equipment? I've had to do that a few times for Garmin and MyFitnessPal. Just a thought....

EFD

Comment

EFD - thanks for the suggestion. I had not previously had MFP and Garmin connected, so this was the first time I was linking them. When I look at MFP, It does not show the accounts as linked.

Comment

Have you check that:
        MyFitnesPal: Upgrading Platform Security Requirement on 6.25.18 to TLS 1.2+

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/custom...18-to-tls-1-2-
        I have this problem! My mobile phone has Android 4.2.2. but it need Android 5+ for TLS 1.2, so I can not connect to the MyfitnesPal App.
        I tried to use a Web-browser with the MyFitnessPal website and then the calories are also shown in the Garmin App. But this is very cumbersome so I give up to use it. I had also asked the Garmin support for an other solution - but they give me no answer.

Comment

I'm having the same problem, where they weren't syncing. I delinked my MyFitnessPal and Garmin Connect accounts, but not I can't relink them. Most of what I've read says not to delink the accounts when you have syncing issues, but I had to try something after reaching out to both Garmin support and MyFitnessPal with now real response.

Comment

Will add my voice to this as I'm having the same issue too. Echo BTTurner's experience - had almost identical issues. Does anyone know if this forum is read by someone at Garmin or are we just talking in to a vacuum? Anyone contacted MFP help? My next step (cover all bases).......

Comment

Same here. Connect says it is now connected with MFP and is syncing. Never finishes. MFP still says it is not connected to Garmin. Garmin please help...

Comment

Same problem here.
                I have the message: "Syc not possible try later."

Comment

Working...
                X