No announcement yet.

Garmin 800 Corrupted File

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin 800 Corrupted File

Just completed my first 10TT and got home to find the file uploads to Strava incorrectly.

On the garmin it's showing as a 10 mile ride in 24:26
    When I click on it, it has blank data.
    Pressing the right button to take me to the lap information, it says lap 1 was 8 miles, average HR of 198bpm (didn't even hit 198 at any point) and average power of 33W (I don't even have a power meter)

On the PC it's a 4kb file

Uploading to strava, it's ony got the first 1.7 miles.

The ride to the start, and the ride home uploads to Strava and garmin connect fine

The TT doesn't even upload to garmin connect at all.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? Really annoying as this was my first race and I've never had a file corrupt before in 6 years of owning this Garmin.

hi Michael,

Attach the file in a reply to this message and I will have a look and see if anything can be done with.

cheers
    Mike
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

Hi Mike, it would be great if you could help - much appreciated!

The file should be attached now.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

hi Michael,

There is only 4min14sec worth of data contained in the file - the rest of the data just isn't there for me to manipulate.

This file contains the 4min14sec worth of data.

cheers
        Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

I thought that might have been the case. Thanks for looking anyway.

It's weird because I was looking at my garmin while riding and I saw that I'd done 10.03 miles when I saved the file.

What would cause the Garmin to only save hapr of what it had recorded?

Comment

How many completed and upload activities are still on the device? If it's anymore than a months worth then it could be time to archive the old ones off into a folder on your computer.

Then again, it could be just one of those things that happens from time to time when we attach or strap what are basically mini computers onto ourselves and our bikes.

cheers
            Mike

Comment

Yeah there were loads on there. More than I've ever had before. I usually just delete them weekly which is about 12 rides and a couple of hikes, but I'd obviously forgotten for a while.

Comment

Working...
              X