No announcement yet.

Timing of activity not reporting correctly

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing of activity not reporting correctly

I live in the US Central time zone and the settings on Garmin connect and in the Garmin app on my phone are set to that time zone. My Vivosmart HR is displaying the correct time. Why does activity I sync show exactly 6 hours earlier than I actually performed the activity? This has been going on for about 2 months, other than changing the activity time manually through the edit function after syncing, nothing works to correct it. I've had this unit for over a year and it always was correct before

Could you post a link to one of your thus afflicted activity records (and be sure to make it visible to everyone)?

Given that CST is UTC -6, at a guess your wearable device is recording the time zone field in the FIT file as UTC, but Garmin Connect is presenting the timestamp in CST.
    Last edited by ASmugDill; 03-13-2018, 07:26 PM.
    The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.