No announcement yet.

Edit Multisport Activity

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Multisport Activity

Hi , I completed my first and probably only full Ironman distance race in August. Really irritatingly, the run leg did not start recording for the first few meters, so the distance in the .FIT file is shown as 42.02Km not 42.2. I have tried to edit the .FIT file in Garmin Connect, but it gives me an error when I try to save it. It's a really small thing, but it would be great to get the distance accurately reflected. Can anyone help, or suggest an approach?

hi today42,

Did you have a foot pod or were you relying solely on GPS distance? Or is it a case that part of the run data is in the T2 data?

If you can upload the original .fit file in a reply to this message or get yourself a free Dropbox account, upload the file to there and then share the link, I will see what I can do - no guarantees though until I have seen what data is in the file to manipulate.

cheers
    Mike
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

Hi Mike,
      Many thanks for offering to help, i've attached the Multisport file here, I was relying on GPS only, no footpod. T2 was in an underground carpark so I am guessing that it took a few more seconds for the GPS to get re-acquired. The reason the file only shows 48Km is that I had the cycle leg recorded as an indoor cycle activity, so GPS off to preserve the battery, I recorded that leg on my Garmin 820.
      Best ... David
      Attached Files

Comment

hi David,

If you can give me the bike leg .fit file off your 820 then I can append that into the file so that your bike leg reads correctly.

And are you able to give me your official times?

cheers
        Mike
        Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 09-12-2017, 11:23 PM.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

Mike, Official times from Ironman are as follows: Swim: 01:17:54 T1: 00:17:58 Bike: 05:52:42 T2: 00:21:08 Run: 04:33:50 Overall: 12:23:32

My work PC seems to have an issue letting me upload the Bike leg, I will send it as soon as I get home this evening.

Many thanks again for your help ... David

Comment

Hi Mike, please find the link to the bike leg. Many thanks ... David

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7uje39d8j...e_Leg.fit?dl=0

Comment

hi David,

Give this file a try - I am pretty sure that I've got it correct.

cheers
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X