Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badges for historical events

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Badges for historical events

    Hi,

    How do we get badges to be earnt for historical events?

    I can see it's possible, as I have a bunch of running badges for the marathon I ran in 2016.

    However, I don't have any of the cycling ones - including the 8 point 100 mile badge - despite doing a 110 mile ride also in 2016.

    So somehow my old run has been reprocessed, but not the old ride. I've tried editing the title and changing the activity type. (I did the same on the marathon), but to no avail.


  • #2
    Just for kicks, a few minutes ago I deleted (using Garmin Connect online) an activity from September 2017 after exporting the original FIT file, the imported the FIT file again, and the Highly Improving badge is awarded by virtue of that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the same problem. I have earned some badges for past activities but many badges I can earn are not accounted for. Is it a bug that will be solved by Garmin or one must do something to fix it?

      Comment


      • #4
        I got loads of activities in the past where I should have warnt badges! Is there a way to scan like all old activities if they qualify for badges! Eg i ran Marathons a couple of years ago...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jkoch77 View Post
          Is there a way to scan like all old activities
          If you'd like to re-import the FIT files for "all old activities" (effectively one by one, manually, from the user perspective) so each one can be "scanned" upon being imported into Garmin Connect, be my guest.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jkoch77 View Post
            I got loads of activities in the past where I should have warnt badges! Is there a way to scan like all old activities if they qualify for badges! Eg i ran Marathons a couple of years ago...
            Badges are awarded for events since the badge scheme was introduced...............

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ASmugDill View Post
              If you'd like to re-import the FIT files for "all old activities" (effectively one by one, manually, from the user perspective) so each one can be "scanned" upon being imported into Garmin Connect, be my guest.
              Exactly, no one wants to do that and it has to do with the way Garmin handles users' data. Other platforms like Runalyze.com allow users to change parameters lets say on the way VO2max is estimated for example, then click "recalculate" and the algorithms will automatically scan all your past training data and calculate a new number.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kalamarios View Post

                Exactly, no one wants to do that and it has to do with the way Garmin handles users' data. Other platforms like Runalyze.com allow users to change parameters lets say on the way VO2max is estimated for example, then click "recalculate" and the algorithms will automatically scan all your past training data and calculate a new number.
                That’s what I am looking for...I got like 2500 activities - manual upload is not what I want

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kalamarios View Post
                  Other platforms like Runalyze.com allow users to change parameters lets say on the way VO2max is estimated for example, then click "recalculate" and the algorithms will automatically scan all your past training data and calculate a new number.
                  Garmin Connect is not that kind of platform. I have no trouble acknowledging and accepting that there is a gap between what GC provides and what an individual user – however ‘serious’ an athlete and/or data geek he sees himself, and however ‘basic’ he may see his information requirements – may want, I'm happy that there are other solutions and platforms that will help fulfil the requirements unmet by GC, but:
                  • I do not believe there is a critical requirement for an all-in-one solution/platform; reducing the effort and/or expense to the athlete and technology user to meet more – or even all – of his requirements is merely a nice-to-have
                  • I do not believe Garmin has an obligation to provide such a solution/platform for its product users, when (I personally expect) Garmin's main contribution is best-in-class devices for fitness/activity data collection, which of course includes allowing users to review and export the collected information as-is, but not necessarily providing sophisticated analysis beyond ‘rolling up’
                  • I do not believe my fellow product users are entitled to be spared the effort and expense; I actually prefer that additional requirements are satisfied at additional cost (in effort, if not expense) that they must decide whether to pay for satisfaction, or knowingly withhold and forgo satisfaction, as a personal choice each has to make

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah you give some good explanations why Garmin is not providing this...but that is not what I am looking for! Still I would like to have such a functionality. From a technical perspective this is I simple function to provide!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X