Garmin Connect Mobile App + Garmin fenix

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Connect Mobile App + Garmin fenix

Hi.

I think you should either add support for the fenix in the Garmin Connect mobile app or add support for garmin connect uploads in BaseCamp App.
    For me its a highly wanted feature to be able to upload activities to garmin connect while on the go (without a computer in hand)

agree

Comment

+2. There are a lot of athlete/outdoors people that would like this flexibility of upload locations and data transfer capabilities to the other Garmin applications.
      Fenix 3
      Forerunner 630
      Edge 520

Comment

Originally posted by JGIBSON01 View Post
        +2. There are a lot of athlete/outdoors people that would like this flexibility of upload locations and data transfer capabilities to the other Garmin applications.
        I'm holding off on buying a fenix because i'm trying to figure out if i can transfer routes and tracks to and from my droid tablet. I do much of my route planning and viewing on a droid app, and would like to not have to use my computer to transfer in between. Basecamp is not on android, and connect mobile doesn't support fenix. I have a USB port on the tablet, and can view ipods, etc as mass storage devices. Does anyone know if i can just drag and drop routes?

Comment

+3, agreed

Comment

+4, agreed....

why not add support for the Fenix in Garmin connect app ?

Comment

I agree. I have fenix and am a regular connect user. The recent upgrades to incorporate the new cycling Edge devices was a step closer to the Garmin Connect Mobile App being useful but I don't understand why the fenix can't be added to the list of devices that can connect directly and wirelessly. I understand many Garmin devices don't have the BTLE technology which explains why they might not have the technology to communicate with the App, but the Fenix does have Bluetooth Low Energy (Smart) technology and should be on the list of accessible devices.

Comment

+6 agreed

Comment

Originally posted by ANDTHEWALRUS@GMAIL.COM View Post
                  I'm holding off on buying a fenix because i'm trying to figure out if i can transfer routes and tracks to and from my droid tablet. I do much of my route planning and viewing on a droid app, and would like to not have to use my computer to transfer in between. Basecamp is not on android, and connect mobile doesn't support fenix. I have a USB port on the tablet, and can view ipods, etc as mass storage devices. Does anyone know if i can just drag and drop routes?
                  Probably, although you'll have to try it to make sure. The Fenix mounts as a disk on my Macs, and you can grab tracks off it that way. So I'll bet it simply mounts as a disk on your tablet, and you can do the same. I don't use Android that much, so I don't know how likely it is that other apps simply accept drag and drop files (I'm more familiar with iOS, and there Apple gets in the way of doing file transfers that way.)

Comment

agreed!
                    so dissapointed
                    that's what I needed most!

Comment

+1 Agreed!!!

Comment

I agree! I'm surprised that the Garmin Connect app only supports Edge 510 and Edge 810, I though those devices used the same BTLE technology as the Fenix?

Comment

Also agree, I love the fenix but I am holding off recommending it to both by mountain biking, snowboarding and paragliding clubs as a desirable product until I can upload data direct to Garmin connect or Basecamp into Garmin Connect. Everyone in the clubs use either Strava or Runkeeper to log and share their data, they do this wirelessly via mainly iPhones and they want to do this at the very end of the ride not when they get back to a PC which is sometimes 2 or 3 days depending on the rides/flights or adventures we are on.

If the Basecamp app / website can auto sync with Strava or Runkeeper (as Garmin Connect can) this would be good, but the Basecamp App needs a significant overhaul. I want to be able to put comments and attach pics against activities as soon as I have synced them and while the activity is fresh in my mind.

We do not carry laptops with us on our activities so having to use a laptop to do the most basic of things is very limiting for a lightweight GPS device like Fenix.

And a small gripe, None of the activities seem to match up across devices, apps and websites. It surely cant be too difficult to have the same list of activities to be consistent on all Garmin products?

Comment

Agreed...
                            I never take my mobile on the road, so uploading my workouts via the fenix on the mobile app would be awesome...
                            Why have BTLE if it doesn't get used?

Comment

+1

Very disappointing to find the Fenix has BT LE and not connecting to the Connect App. Basecamp is good but more for adventuring whereas Fenix clearly crosses over to Fitness where it should integrate with Connect App for on the go uploading of activities.

Not that Garmin reads this I think

Comment

Working...
                              X