Reports - Progress Summary - Main & Sub Activity Types

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports - Progress Summary - Main & Sub Activity Types

Hi,

Apologies if I am missing something but on the Help menu the below text has been uploaded with regards to Reports: I unfortunately then do not understand why I/We have allocated records to sub Activity types all this time i.e hundreds of records, the reports on these sub Activity types was quite handy - but now useless - no where else as far as I know those alocations are being used? The Gear option is also extremely limited with regards to any form of data tracking/analysis?

Will the full reports on sub Activity Types option be brought back at all?

"
    Activity types currently supported by Reports:
    • Running
    • Cycling
    • Swimming
    • Walking
    • FitnessEquipment
    • Other

Only activities with one of the above classifications will populate in the Reports section of Garmin Connect. If you would like to edit an existing activity to show in Reports, see Related Content.
    "

Agreed. This "upgrade" is a huge fail! I have two very different activities that get lumped under "other". Now I can't distinguish the two so the reported data is pretty worthless. I guess I just have to start recording one of them as FitnessEquipment since the odds of me ever recording fitness equipment activities on Garmin Connect is close to nil.

Comment

Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10:21 AM
      I'm adding my name to this request for Garmin to "give back" to their user base the reporting features that we previously enjoyed and required. I cannot fathom why Garmin would take these previous reporting features away from their large customer base!

Comment

I can fathom this quite easily. A couple of months ago the Progress Summary report got a rewrite and all the 'higher' activity types, such as generic 'Cycling', were removed. So it only reported the sub types separately. That generated some complaints.

In reaction to those complaints they have now reinstated the higher categories and you can no longer see the sub types. If you are not happy log a support call.

Comment

I agree totally with this request. Garmin made a bad mistake in changing this report back to just the high level Activity near the end of May, 2018. There are already 3 discussion strings in the "Garmin Connect" forum of many people complaining about this. I've attached the link for one of them. Garmin representatives can easily find all 3, please do. This was the most useful report on the website before this unfortunate change, now it is meaningless numbers. Please return it to the way it was showing sub-activities.

Originally posted by TrippyZ View Post
          I can fathom this quite easily. A couple of months ago the Progress Summary report got a rewrite and all the 'higher' activity types, such as generic 'Cycling', were removed. So it only reported the sub types separately. That generated some complaints.

In reaction to those complaints they have now reinstated the higher categories and you can no longer see the sub types. If you are not happy log a support call.
          TrippyZ's explanation makes sense why Garmin would do what they did, but failed miserably in the implementation. Simply show both. Show the high level main Activity with the totals for all subs under it as well an individual line for each sub-activity below it. This is simple. Programs have done this for decades. Implement the report in a way that meets the needs of all users with both the Activity total and the Sub-Activity totals that make up that Activity.

A week or more ago I did log a support call to Garmin asking for the return of the report. Others please do so, that way Garmin knows their user base is not happy with the change.
          As of yesterday (5/31/18) the Progress Summary under Reports on the Garmin Connect website has changed and has become nominally useless. I am referring to the

Comment

I use the progress reports by sub activity frequently. I do this to track how many miles I have on each bike. Ie. when to replace a chain or perform other maintenance. I was able to work around this, but its a terrible workflow. I download all activities for my date range to my computer, open the file in Excel, sort by sub activity and then find each bike's new mileage.

I really need this feature back in the progress reports!

Comment

This is a really bad change... the report is useless that way.. I want to now the mountainbike data in the summer without the indoorcycling from the winter.

Comment

This is a critical aspect of my use of Garmin Connect, and this change makes Connect considerably less useful.

I have seasonal goals set for Alpine Skiing and Stand Up Paddleboarding, but now that all "Other" activities are lumped together the only thing I can do is check my progress for individual sports under Goals... Main problem is I can no longer compare my year to date progress, e.g. used to check my SUP progress by matching dates to previous year so I can get an idea as to where I stand compared to same time last year.

Been a daily Garmin user since March 2007, and this change is what prompted me to finally sign up and lodge a complaint, kind of a dealbreaker for me!

Comment

Working...
                X