Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi Snowkid85,

Over 80% of the file was corrupted - give this file a go with was FFRT was able to recover.

cheers
    Mike
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Please could someone have a look at this file for me and see if it can be repaired?

Many, many thanks

Attached Files

Comment

• or it might have been this file, one comes out on garmin with all the speeds and distances and altitudes correct but the reports corrupted and cannot upload to Strava. The other is a 1 second no data file
        Attached Files

Comment

• hi John,

Give this file a try.

The second file you posted contained only two data records for a grand total of a 1 seconds worth of data.

cheers
          Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
          For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
          Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

• Sorry, a further piece of advice from the group... the repaired file now loads correctly on Garmin, thank you so much.
              However, it will not upload into Strava, I get the attached message (duplicate of an uploading activity) which suggests it is caught in loop already trying to load the previous version?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hi, I've tried a couple of the tools available, but nothing seems to be able to fix this file (not very big), I even went through it after converting to csv... Can't find the issue. Please let me know if and how it was fixed for my future reference. Have a great evening.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I completed a full Ironman only to find out that my FIT file would not sync with Garmin connect. Local developers cannot help so wondering whether anyone knows what one can do to repair this file? My file is 2Mb - and I cannot seem to attach it to this post, but any advice would be welcomed!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I've done a long ride with Edge 500, but file would not upload to Garmin Connect, is there a way to fix it?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• hi Maverick-ZA,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                      Mike

Comment

• hi johnsmith314,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• Thanks, Mike, Garmin Connect now accepts the file, even though it's 2/3rds of total ride. Maybe time to clear and reformat the veteran Edge 500.

Comment

• Hi Mike, im a fan of the Fenix product, now i have the 3 watch. I bought resently the Edge 820, and I´m realy disabointed of it. The software is at least 5 years behind.
                            Know on the 5 ride, the fit file is broken. Could you give it a try please ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• hi Maximilian,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                              Mike

Comment

• it´s working perfectly!!! Thanks a lot.

Can I ask you how you fixed it? So, the next time I can do it myself... (I´m a programmer)

I saw, you are from Palmerston North, New Zealand. I´m planing my next holyday to visit new zealand(february 2019).
                                If my trip gets close to you, i´m happy to offer you a beer, or two...

best regards
                                Max

Comment

Working...
                                X