Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I am posting in regards to a FIT file that seemed to of had some errors during a cycling activity, recorded with my Giant Neostrack device.

I've E-mailed Strava support and they said to me the FIT file I provided appears that the GPS device recorded some bad GPS data that appears to loop back on itself throughout the activity and ultimately adding to the total distance.

They aren't able to fix the activity, and I can't seem to find any websites online that are able to.

The Distance and time when uploaded to strava is 129.7 km and duration 3:48:41 which is incorrect.

The correct activity distance was 100.44 km in 2 hours 59 minutes.

I am wondering if anyone is able to help me fix this file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Comment

• Hei!
      an someone please help me with this file? I had a race today and as i hit the save button my forerunner920xt shut down and now i cant open that activity on my devie and i am also not able to upload it to garminconnect :-/ i tried to fix it via some online tool by myself, but after importing the "fixed" file i couldnt find it in my activities either....

greetings, maren 848A3250.FIT

Comment

• hi Maren,

Give this file a try.

cheers
        Mike
        All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Hello Yesterday was an important race for me at Paris Marathon and unfortunately since I use garmin products this is the first time of corrruption in my life.
          As mentioned by fitfilerepair there is a data corruption at marker 6124 (timestamp 8:12:44)
          Then fitfilerepairtool discards the data corruption at import and timestamp starts again at 8:19:12. during this two timestamp I have ran 1.6 km according to GPS distance and 1.37 according to distance.
          I don't understand what type of corruption this could be since I am missing 6:28 min recording (88 records ) thus causing an anormal gap of 6:28 at 1s interval recording

Can anybody help to see those records despite fitfilerepairtool doesn't show them ?

I made further researchs with fitSDK and it repported the following corruption issue :
          Caused by: com.garmin.fit.FitRuntimeException: FIT decode error: Endian 35 not supported. Error at byte: 298252
          Last edited by chrisC92; 04-09-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Hi there,

New to this forum, because I'm also stuck with a broken .fit file. It's the first time in over 4 years with my same Garmin watch.

As with the post above me, it's a rather important file. The 1/4 of Rotterdam Marathon with a really good time. It's even more terrible because I ran with a bib from the business run so the results online aren't linked to me name either.

If anyone here can fix this file, I'd be really gratefull. Thanks in advance!

2018-04-08-09-34-38.fit

Comment

• hi chrisC92,

The data just isn't there to see and the two records that I could see were farcical and useless and needed to be deleted.

Not a lot that can be done unfortunately.

cheers
              Mike
              Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 04-09-2018, 11:43 PM.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
              For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
              Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• hi Koen.Kraaijvanger,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
                  hi Koen.Kraaijvanger,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                  Mike
                  It's working perfectly now, thank you so much! I'm so happy with it!

Comment

hi Maren,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                    Mike
                    Thanks so much! it worked :-D

Comment

• Hi, I´m struggling with this file of my last workout. It was an 1h35m and 50Km ride but when trying to import to Garmin / Strava / Golden Cheetah all i can get is a 5 minutes 2.5Km. Can anyone fix this file?. Than you all in advance!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• can anyone fix this file - really desperate!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• hi shawnito,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                          Mike

Comment

• hi Siblake,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                            Mike

Comment

hi shawnito,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                              Mike
                              Thanks Mike! I owe you a beer!

Comment

• Hi all,
                                I have a corrupt file as well, tried to fix it with online tool, but was not able to, it has a snowboard activity which I would like to add to my calendar...

Could someone help me out?

I couldn't find any real tool to edit it... Notepad++ .

Thank you very much.

Regards,
                                Wilson - Garmin Fenix 3 HR

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X