How to repair a .fit file?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for trying - guess next time the 520 flashes up low memory, SAVE immediately

cheers

Rich

Comment

• Hi Mike,

sorry to bother you with the same thing again, but I just realized that the activity I asked you about few months earlier and you fixed for me (attached is your file) is not showing right at all. I'm not certain now whether it worked right in the first place, but now it definitely misses legs A-B (run+mtb), shows C-G (run+paddle), then has a gap instead of H (mtb) , shows I-J (run-mtb), and skips the last leg L (MTB).

I know it was a tricky one, or maybe just my description, but would you be able to look at it once more?

In any event thanks again for having invested your time in that!

Best regards,
      Anton
      Attached Files
      Last edited by AntonGu; 03-13-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• hi Anton,

I've just uploaded the fixed file to GC and this is what it looks like to me when I view it - link. Did you delete your previously uploaded non-fixed version(s) before attempting a manual upload of the fixed file?

cheers
        Mike
        All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Mike, thank you so much. It works. I'm so happy

Comment

• Hi Mike,
            Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
            Did you delete...
            No, I certainly did not. I've had an experience before with modified activities not being uploaded at all, but not like that. Thanks a lot for the explanation, and your outstanding support here!

Cheers,
            Anton

Comment

• Hi Mike,

is it possible to delete ConnectIQ field data from the multisport activity? Due to the bug it is not being displayed correctly neither in GC nor in GCM. I think Garmin is supposed to provide a fix, but they're working on it for over a year already...

Would be great if you can help!

Thanks for the time you invest in this thread!

Cheers
              Anton
              Attached Files

Comment

• hi Anton,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
                For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
                Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Thanks a lot, Mike! You're awesome.

Comment

• I need some help with an "invalid file"? Can anyone help?

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Mike,

I am here again asking for your help. Today in a duathlon I locked the watch, and in the heat of the race didn't manage to unlock it again. It is all screwed now, and I really hope you can fix it.

The first leg (running) is OK, as well as the first transition.
                      The second leg (bike) should have been stopped at 1:06:23 (leg time, not total)
                      Transition 2 till 1:07:55
                      Then comes one more running, and finish at 1:21:27 (officially 1:48:42.50 total)

Thanks in advance!
                      Cheers,
                      Anton

Comment

• hi kimath,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• hi Anton,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                          Mike

Comment

• Thank you so much Mike!!!!!!

Comment

• Hello, would really like some help with this one. Maybe someone can help me out. When I try to upload it it gives me a invalid file type error. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kris
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by TheLama; 03-20-2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Hi Mike,

I'm getting an error of a corrupt .fit file from my ride yesterday and was wondering if you could help me repair it? I have tried other web based tools that have not been successful.

You're help would be greatly appreciated!

Terra
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X