This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much Mike :-)

Comment

• Hi Mike, I noticed you're quite active on this topic. Do you think you could look at my damaged fit file and try to fix it?
      Thank you in advance for your reply.
      George
      Attached Files

Comment

• hi George,

The Fit File Repair Tool didn't report any issues with the file so it may have subtlety fixed something in the background.

Give this file a try.

cheers
        Mike

All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Hi Mike,

I can't upload the attached fit file to Garmin Connect. It uploads to other sites, but not Garmin. I've tried to repair it without success. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look.

2017-09-20-20-18-06.fit

Comment

• hi barbjaeger,

Give this file a try.

cheers
            Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
            For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
            Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Thanks so much, Mike. You're the best! It's kind of you to offer this service.

Comment

• Hi Mike and everyone,

I took part in a adventure race (kind of multisport race) a while ago, but was unable to log it as a proper multisport activity with at that time FR620. I tried to log each leg separately, but in the heat of the race forgot to start a new activity sometimes. If it is not too much trouble, could you please glue all those fit files together and make them to one nice multisport activity?

The legs were as follows:
                A.fit - trail running
                B-G.fit - B: MTB / 1:11:31 / 19,30km (here extracted separately)
                C-E: trail running / 53:00 / 5,93 km (extracted activity)
                F-G: paddling / 1:03:49 /5,42 km (extracted)
                H.fit - MTB
                I.fit - trail running
                J.fit - MTB
                K - technical stuff, not logged
                L - MTB (in the next post, due to the limit on attachments)

Please let me know if that's doable.
                Thanks in advance and best regards,
                Anton

Comment

• Here comes the last leg: L.fit

Comment

• hi Anton,

I think I've got it sorted - give this file a try.

cheers
                    Mike

Comment

• Can I get assistance in repairing this file?
                      My ConnectIQ apps

Comment

• hi sabeard,

FFRT didn't report any issues with the file so it may have subtlety fixed something in the background.

Give this file a try.

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
                          hi George,

The Fit File Repair Tool didn't report any issues with the file so it may have subtlety fixed something in the background.

Give this file a try.

cheers
                          Mike
                          Hi Mike,

thanks for the try, but I still can not upload that file to garmin connect - an error occured during the uploading. I tried to repair the file with trial of FFRT, but as it is trial version it add an value 99 to the second half of the activity (so it is unusable for good tracking of activity), BUT I can upload it after this procedure.

Have you got any idea what to do?
                          Thank you,
                          George

Comment

• Mike,

I did fix something in the background. When I tried to sync my watch GCM flagged the original file as corrupt. Even trying to upload using the import link on the web page would fail. The "fixed" file uploaded no problem. Although I did have to correct the activity type once it was done. At least it is now in my GC account.

Many thanks.
                            My ConnectIQ apps

Comment

• hi George,

Mathias has had a look at the file and it's something to do with the R-R value data in it. Mathias has done some magic using MS Access and managed to come up with a workable file.

Give this file a try.

cheers
                              Mike
                              Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 09-23-2017, 03:52 PM. Reason: fix info and file link added

Comment

• I recently bought a Fenix 5 but all Swimrun activities ends up with corrupted .fit files that are impossible to upload to Garmin Connect.
                                Can someone help me fix this file?

Regarding the Swimrun app, I'm not sure if this is a known defect or not. There are some comments about it here on the forum but the issue seems to been around for some while.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X