This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi Jaccano,

Your file doesn't contain any data at all - not even the header data. There is not a lot that can be done.

cheers
    Mike
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• hmm what about this one?
      Attached Files

Comment

• nothing in that file either - not even the header data.

cheers
        Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Hi All

Would anyone be able to help me fix this swim file? I have tried http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ but Strava is still saying it contains bad data. I've looked at the csv file, but don't really know where the error is or what needs to be changed.
          Any help appreciated.

Thanks
          Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hi all,

My Garmin Edge 810 crashed in the descent after loosing its GPS signal in a tunnel. Now i'm stuck with the corrupt .fit file below. I have tried http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ with no success.

Could somebody pls help me with repairing this file? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
            Marnix

2017-08-11-11-35-36.fit

Comment

• hi Steve,

Your file contains only a single data record....the rest of the data just isn't there.

cheers
              Mike

Comment

• hi Marnix,

Your file contains 19.53km worth of data? Is that correct?

Give this file a try.

cheers
                Mike

Comment

• Hi, I did a Swimrun this Sunday using the Swimrun app. Unfortunate something has happened with the activity and I can't open it on my watch or sync it. I would be really happy if anyone can help me repair the file.
                  Thanks!
                  Emil

78DA3501.FIT

Comment

• Hi Mike,

thank you so much! You recovered my ride until the Garmin crash! I was able to sync it to Garmin Connect and Strava (https://www.strava.com/activities/1138405482). And you know what they say: If it isn't on Strava it didn't happen :-).

What tool did you use?

Cheers and thanks again.
                    Marnix

Comment

• hi Marnix,

I have the full version of the Fit File Repair Tool which is available here.

cheers
                      Mike

Comment

• hi Emil,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for your help!
                          I really appreciate it!

//Emil

Comment

• Hi Mike, The updated file that you sent didn't work. I am trying to break out the 2 runs from the 1 bike to make this activity look like the duathlon that it was, instead, it currently looks like it was all running. If I could have 2 activities, one for run and one for bike that would be fine too. Also, if there is any way I could get my power to show that would be great. I am sure this was a PR for power for me and I just hate that I have lost that!

Comment

• hi turkeytrotter,

RIGHT! Understand what you are after now! I think I have got it sorted properly now.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no power data contained in the file.

Give this file a try.

cheers
                              Mike
                              Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 08-18-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Hi.

I had a Garmin crash today, and the (2017-08-21-06-38-09.fit) file is corupted, Can some of you help ?

And the next question, is it possible to merge the repaired file with the rest of my route in another .fit file ?

Br

S?ren Terp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X