• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Mike
    Is my file not fixable (post #927)? Thanks

DrDuck

Comment

• Hi DrDuck,

You had a small amount of corrupt data and you've lost approx 11mins of data starting at 1hr2mins28secs.

Give this file a try.

cheers
      Mike
      All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
      For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
      Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Thank you, Mike. You are a star!

Comment

• Hi, Mike!
          I have a problem with 2 open water trainings files. It shows only time, not track and distance respectively. Would you help me?
          Attached Files

Comment

• hi aleshin.sergey,

Have a look at this screenshot and this screenshot and you will see clearly what the issue is with both files. Neither file has a 'GPS lock' and there are also significant gaps between the data records.

There's really nothing I can do with either file.

cheers
            Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
            For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
            Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• OK, Mike. Thank you for quick resolution! It was watch bug I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
                hi SparkplugBee,

Do you want these file individually fixed or fixed and the combined into one file?

cheers
                Mike
                Mike,

Individually is just fine.

FYI, the app (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/f...1-7cbe0dee9472) logs each of the three activities plus transition times during the activity, with the option of recording everything as one big activity, or separately. I chose to record separately for this activity. I don't know how the transitions are recorded when it saves each activity separately, or if they're just tossed since there's only 3 files, not 5.

So, if there's some wonky data at the end of the swim and bike, or at the beginning of the bike and run, that is likely the transition times. Just leave it in that activity's recording.

You guys fixing invalid files are doing God's work! Thank you!

Comment

• hi SparkplugBee,

This file is the only one that I was able to successfully repair - looks like your bike leg.

Unfortunately your swim file refused to load into the Fit File Repair Tool and your run file loaded but didn't contain a single data record.

cheers
                  Mike

Comment

• Damnit.

Well, thank you for fixing the bike leg, and thanks for attempting on the others! It's much appreciated!

Comment

• Afternoon all, my wife completed a Standard distance Tri last week and her 910XT recorded it as one 4hour run. Can anyone fix it for me?

Thanks in advance
                      Attached Files

Comment

• hi Grumpidad,

Have you got the times for the swim/T1/bike/T2/run legs?

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• Hello Grumpidad,
                          I used the speeds in the file to break out each session so they might not be quite the same as the official times (if u have them).
                          Anyway....fixed and manufactured a MultiSport with the Fit File Repair Tool.
                          Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
                          Don Huston
                          San Diego, CA.
                          United States

Comment

• Datezz,

thank you very much, times match what she had from timing chips, within and few seconds. she is well happy.

grumpidad

Comment

• Hi,

Could you please help me with the attached file?
                              It was recorded with Edge 810. The device had shutdown when I pressed stop button and haven't got the chance to save the activity.
                              I have tried http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/, but the result file cannot be uploaded either ...

Thank you in advance,
                              Cristian
                              Attached Files

Comment

• hi cristiangruia,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X