X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi Luca,

Give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 10-09-2018, 12:59 AM.
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• hi Deadelf,

Give this file a try.

cheers
      Mike
      Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 10-08-2018, 11:23 PM.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
      For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
      Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
        hi Jamie,

Give this file a try.

cheers
        Mike
        Thanks mike

Comment

hi Luca,

Give this file a try.

cheers
          Mike
          Thanks Mike, that worked perfect! I appreciate your help.

Comment

• Excellent, Thanks a ton!

Comment

datezz / aweatherall / mathikralli - any suggestions on how to try and fix this file? Smart recording has been used and the data doesn't look like it's there to be manipulated? and suggestions?
              Mike any news about this?

Comment

• Hi!! can you pls help me fix this file??
                2018-10-13-07-16-06.fit
                Attached Files
                Last edited by adrianaangel; 10-13-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• hi adrianaangel,

FFRT reports the file as 100% corrupt.

Just had a closer look at the file and the contents aren't those of a .fit file. Have you tried to recover a deleted file using file recovery software?

cheers
                  Mike
                  Last edited by kiwimtnbkr; 10-13-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• thanks Mike! that's terrible news. I don't know how to recover a file. could you pls explain?

Comment

• Link

Comment

• ok! I'll try this... but the file has not been deleted. it is still on my edge 520 and I downloaded a copy to my pc....

update: tried it... no luck!
                        the file was never deleted. i finished my ride and it wouldnt sync to garmin connect so I used the cable to download it to my computer, and I have it both in my pc and my garmin.
                        yesterday my garmin died (for the first time ever it would not turn on) so I had to restart it and it looked like it was working but do you think it's ruined?
                        i made such a big effort in a couple of segments today and I am so sad that this file is 100% corrupt

here's a picture of my garmin. the ride it's there but I can't even access it to see the summary and stuff
                        WhatsApp Image 2018-10-13 at 19.55.18.jpeg
                        Last edited by adrianaangel; 10-13-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Well if the file hasn't been deleted then there is no need to try and recover. The contents of the file that you downloaded from your Edge isn't those of a .fit file.

Comment

• so there's no hope for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriele_Maifredi View Post

Mike any news about this?
                              Hello Gabriele,
                              The FFRT opened your file and it looks good. You can total up the individual laps to see if they match your official stats.
                              Don Huston
                              Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
                              Don Huston
                              San Diego, CA.
                              United States

Comment

Working...
                              X