Garmin Connect 3.19 Update issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJUDE99 View Post
    I used "quick edit" a lot to set the event type for a run e.g. race, training.
    For a single activity, it's still as easy as ever to change the event type of an activity record using the Activities widget on a dashboard. The only real difference now is you don't get to visually scan and/or scroll through twenty activities at a time (using the list on the Activities page) to quickly get to an activity that is not all that recent and then change its event type on the spot – but I don't think it actually requires more clicks now; you simply have to look for the particular activity first and click on it instead on Quick Edit, to get to where you can change its event type.
    Last edited by ASmugDill; 06-21-2017, 05:46 AM.
    The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

My post # 27 doesn't help?

Comment

Originally posted by pshare View Post
        It does for those who insist on doing things the old way. I was talking about another obvious option that those who just want to change the event type of a single activity can use, in Garmin Connect 3.19 without bookmarking.
        The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

Connect (web) UI refresh: bug displaying Aerobic TE

I altered the Activities list to show the columns I'm interested in, and they all seemed to work ok, EXCEPT Aerobic TE.

That column displays 0.0 for each activity. (Needless to say, my TE's are all non-zero).

(Edit: thank you, moderator, for moving this into the correct thread. I see y'all are aware of the issue... thanks!)
          Last edited by GrandWaz00; 06-21-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pshare View Post
            Yes, that does, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ASmugDill View Post
              For a single activity, it's still as easy as ever to change the event type of an activity record using the Activities widget on a dashboard. The only real difference now is you don't get to visually scan and/or scroll through twenty activities at a time (using the list on the Activities page) to quickly get to an activity that is not all that recent and then change its event type on the spot – but I don't think it actually requires more clicks now; you simply have to look for the particular activity first and click on it instead on Quick Edit, to get to where you can change its event type.
              Actually, losing Quick Edit makes things much more of a pain. I normally add activities in batches, 10 - 20 at a time. I could pull up the activities screen, hit Quick Edit, and rapidly copy and paste the activity names from my gpx file to Connect. I could click anywhere in the name field (a large space) and just paste. Now I have to click on the little pencil icon, paste, and then click the OK icon for each activity. The biggest problem is that you can't update the Activity Type or Event Type from the activities screen anymore. I have to go into each activity and change the fields there. And where I used to be able to select the field and hit 'H' to select 'Hiking', now keyboard selection doesn't work, you have to scroll through the list. So the entire process of configuring my activities after upload has taken a step back and become less convenient.

I also don't see how to enable elevation correction for a specific activity or at all. I can't selected uncategorized activities in the list to display elevation stats or average pace, so I'm stuck with showing things like HR or calories which I don't track and so never have data. I can't sort the list to see all my longest activites, or maybe biggest elevation gain, first. And there's no advanced search so I can look for activities within a certain distance or time range. As other's have mentioned you can only show 5 fields on the screen at a time now. And finally, infinite scroll for this type of data doesn't make sense. Before I could go to the 9th page of my activity list, open an activity, click back and be on the 9th page of the list. Now I'd have to scroll back through to the same place again. I've got thousands of activities, loading more than a few hundred starts bringing the browser to it's knees - this wasn't an issue with paging.

All of these were useful features that had existed for years and are now removed. I don't have a problem with change - but I do have an issue with changes that remove functionality that people have come to depend on without replacing it with another mechanism for achieving it. Or with changes that make using the product less efficient or intuitive. That's not to say I don't like anything - I think the design and colors are nice (though it could be less bright white), and I like that each row of the list contains the column names so If you've scrolled down you still know what you're looking at. I also like that the date is now next to the activity name.

Comment

Any update to this yet? Still waiting on a solution. I been using (https://connect.garmin.com/minactivities) but now the courses are completely blanked out.

Comment

Working...
                X