Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China is blocked in Garmin Connect when using OpenStreetMap, why?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China is blocked in Garmin Connect when using OpenStreetMap, why?

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 09.56.06.png

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/W...China#Legality
    The issue with having to repeatedly log in to vBulletin from one forum action to the next seems to have been partially remedied, but problems persist with changes to User Settings not being properly committed upon saving, and with page encoding such that em dashes, en dashes, left and right quotation marks, accented vowels, etc. are not rendered correctly in the browser.

Comment

So it is booked no matter where you are?

Almost every other map service is still providing OpenStreetMap in China and/or Hong Kong.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same issue but reversed ...

First of all, when I connect to my Garmin Connect account, it will automatically switch to garmin.connect.cn and never stay on garmin.connect.com

Second, and most important, it is impossible for me to select in order to view my outdoor activities, anything else than Baidu Maps ... Either for my activities in China or more recently during my trip to Europe ... Baidu Maps are poor, no detail especially outside of China and I can't even prepare a run or a ride like I used to do before ...

Why is this ?

I bought my Fenix 3 in France
        I am French
        Ok, I leave in China, but I need a VPN to connect to Garmin Connect or it doesn't work ...

So why am I blocked with Baidu Maps which are completely useless ?
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 07-04-2017, 02:55 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

Originally posted by mattcoq View Post
          Hi,

I have the same issue but reversed ...

First of all, when I connect to my Garmin Connect account, it will automatically switch to garmin.connect.cn and never stay on garmin.connect.com

Second, and most important, it is impossible for me to select in order to view my outdoor activities, anything else than Baidu Maps ... Either for my activities in China or more recently during my trip to Europe ... Baidu Maps are poor, no detail especially outside of China and I can't even prepare a run or a ride like I used to do before ...

Why is this ?

I bought my Fenix 3 in France
          I am French
          Ok, I leave in China, but I need a VPN to connect to Garmin Connect or it doesn't work ...

So why am I blocked with Baidu Maps which are completely useless ?
          A part from changing my word "crap" to "useless", any answer to my question or the others question ?

Because, honestly, like I was just calling a "cat" a "cat" for what Baidu maps are ...

So, unless Garmin has been bought 100% by a Chinese investor, would it be possible to explain to me why I (an some others) have to deal with a map which is totally inadequate for our usage ?

Comment

Working...
          X