No announcement yet.

Being thrown out of step challenges again

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being thrown out of step challenges again

Every few weeks I am thrown out of step challenges. I get to about the 75k challenge, place at the top of it and the following week I am no longer in a challenge. It has happened numerous times, I opened a case with Garmin, they said it was being escalated to be investigated and that was back in December and I've heard nothing back. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Yes, me too, happened yesterday. Just Join again.

Comment

smith aradog

Originally posted by TrippyZ View Post
      Yes, me too, happened yesterday. Just Join again.
      Does that not put you back to the start again though? I.e. a lower challenge?

Comment

Thrown out as well

I rejoined this morning, and I am now in a "Step Challenge", without a number (like 75K) at all.
        Fenix 3
        Forerunner 630
        Edge 520

Comment

Originally posted by JGIBSON01 View Post
          I rejoined this morning, and I am now in a "Step Challenge", without a number (like 75K) at all.
          Yes me too now, so the challenges are broken AGAIN

Comment

Honestly, I'm okay with this as long as it resorts me to a group with different people. I was in a group where the same people were top each week and beat everyone else by at least 20k steps (and I was in the 40k group, so it's quite a difference). I thought the groups were resorted each week, but it wasn't that way for the past month at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Shevraeth View Post
              Honestly, I'm okay with this as long as it resorts me to a group with different people. I was in a group where the same people were top each week and beat everyone else by at least 20k steps (and I was in the 40k group, so it's quite a difference). I thought the groups were resorted each week, but it wasn't that way for the past month at least.
              That is part of the issue though. I do in the range of 95k steps in a typical week. So if it keeps putting me back to zero, I have to be top of that group, then each group between there and the group I should be in. So this time its taken about two months to get back up, so I 'won' the 40k group by over 50k steps more than the target.

If they didn't keep resetting, you'd never see me

Comment

We are investigating reports of this and appreciate the discussion here. We will update this thread as new information becomes available.
                sigpic

Comment

For me, it always adds me to the '0 steps challenge'. This is my fourth challenge. The second and third one was with the same persons. First one and this week's one are with different persons. Mind you, only about 5-6 persons are active each time, the others stay at 0 steps. That doesn't mean they group is lazy though, I won the first three challenges with over 120K steps each and second and third place were not far behind. Don't know why it says "0 steps challenge" though.

Comment

being thrown out of step challenges

Originally posted by JAMESBEEBY View Post
                    Every few weeks I am thrown out of step challenges. I get to about the 75k challenge, place at the top of it and the following week I am no longer in a challenge. It has happened numerous times, I opened a case with Garmin, they said it was being escalated to be investigated and that was back in December and I've heard nothing back. Anyone else seeing this issue?
                    This has been consistently happening to me for over a year. I almost always make my 80k goal give or take, no, more than 2 k or so over. I have contacted Garmin via email and phone many times and been told as were you ,that the matter would be looked into...however it has never been fixed as I was thrown out of the 80k challenge again today. Oddly many folks go well over the goal by 15-25k or more and they are allowed to stay in the 80k group. This past week, I fell well below 80k for the first time because I hurt my ankle and I was promptly kicked out. IMHO I believe these groups are monitored by staff and in an unfair and arbitrary fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by LAWDIVA View Post
                      This has been consistently happening to me for over a year. I almost always make my 80k goal give or take, no, more than 2 k or so over. I have contacted Garmin via email and phone many times and been told as were you ,that the matter would be looked into...however it has never been fixed as I was thrown out of the 80k challenge again today. Oddly many folks go well over the goal by 15-25k or more and they are allowed to stay in the 80k group. This past week, I fell well below 80k for the first time because I hurt my ankle and I was promptly kicked out. IMHO I believe these groups are monitored by staff and in an unfair and arbitrary fashion.
                      I don't think the issue you are describing and the one I am having are the same. I was in the 70,000 challenge and hit that gol. This week I am not in a challenge at all and prompted to join a new challenge. When I do, I am returned to the 0 step challenge.

Comment

Same here, won my group, now it's booted me it seems. Some times it takes a little time for it to update and be right...but usually by Tuesday things are updated.

Comment

Same for me

Been having the same issue for about two months now. Keep getting kicked out of the step challenge every few weeks. When I re-join i'm added to the "0 step challenge" and never get upgraded to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by REDUNE View Post
                            Been having the same issue for about two months now. Keep getting kicked out of the step challenge every few weeks. When I re-join i'm added to the "0 step challenge" and never get upgraded to a new level.
                            So how do we get it fixed? Is anyone from Garmin able to confirm that this is a known issue or give any idea of how long we have to deal with this? It makes rising through the step challenges impossible and also makes the device pretty pointless if you want to use it for challenges.

Comment

We are aware of users who were removed from their challenges this week and are investigating the cause/solution. Users will need to add themselves into weekly challenges manually. We apologize for any inconvenience and will update this thread when more information is available.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X