Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did you dump Google Maps?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why did you dump Google Maps?

    Guys, come on, what were you thinking? Is this some twisted behind the scenes sponsorship deal with Micro$oft? The bing maps are totally inferior to the Google Maps, and I'm very, very disappointed that you switched. I live in Hong Kong--try viewing Hong Kong on Bing maps. The names are wrong, the streets are in the wrong places, and it thinks I'm running off into the water (I didn't know I could run on water).

    Please, please, please, bring Google Maps back. Why would you back an inferior product? Let Microsoft get their acts in gear and improve their product quality on their own.

    I am equal parts confused and angry

  • #2
    Because they don't care about Customers

    Disrepect, disdain and arrogance. I'm no longer a customer of their products as of today.

    Comment


    • #3
      Check this:

      https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=13826
      YNWA!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DAVID_VCS View Post
        Disrepect, disdain and arrogance. I'm no longer a customer of their products as of today.
        Be annoyed with their decision to use Bing maps by all means. But you would be cutting of your nose to spite your face if you decided to cease using their products as a result.

        Garmin Connect is a free service to assist in post processing activities. There are and always have been, any number of other much more useful and better alternatives.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PHILIPSHAMBROOK View Post
          Be annoyed with their decision to use Bing maps by all means. But you would be cutting of your nose to spite your face if you decided to cease using their products as a result.

          Garmin Connect is a free service to assist in post processing activities. There are and always have been, any number of other much more useful and better alternatives.
          If PHILIPSHAMBROOK reply is any way near how Garmin thinks, then my reply would be this:
          Up until the change to Bing, I was thinking of buying a new GPSMAP 62s as a christmas present to family member.. NOT ANYMORE!!!!
          I would remind Garmin to look at Creative Labs history and what happend when they tried to go againt their customers.

          From a consumer point of view, Garmin has over night totally destroyed a perfectly working product without even asking the users, and not given us any options.

          MAD CUSTOMER

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RMARELIUSSEN View Post
            If PHILIPSHAMBROOK reply is any way near how Garmin thinks, then my reply would be this:
            Up until the change to Bing, I was thinking of buying a new GPSMAP 62s as a christmas present to family member.. NOT ANYMORE!!!!
            I would remind Garmin to look at Creative Labs history and what happend when they tried to go againt their customers.

            From a consumer point of view, Garmin has over night totally destroyed a perfectly working product without even asking the users, and not given us any options.

            MAD CUSTOMER
            PHILIPSHAMBROOK has a perfectly valid point, and I would say a very good one. Garmin hardware is very good and does a great job. GC has never been stellar and seeing a product essentially get downgraded (albeit a "free" product) is disappointing, but there are plenty of other more superior alternatives...
            My GC Digest
            Device: Garmin Forerunner 610, 2.80.00
            Garmin Forerunner 405, 2.80.0.0

            Comment

            Working...
            X