Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to import Fitbit data -- An error occurred with your upload. Please try again.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to import Fitbit data -- An error occurred with your upload. Please try again.

As the title says, I am unable to import any kind of Fitbit data.

I have tried various combinations of export settings on the Fitbit side -- from only weight to everything (activities, food, sleep, etc.) and .csv to .xls.

Nothing works.
    Import Error.PNG

During my first attempt at importing Fitbit data for a given month, I get an import "success" message - but nothing displays in Garmin Connect. Other users (in other threads) have reported similar results. For any subsequent attempts to import Fitbit data for a month previously uploaded, I get a message similar to yours.

Comment

Same Issue

I was able to import 6 months of Fitbit data using xls file structure, but then it just stopped working. Now when I try to import, the same thing happens as described above, it says it is a successful import but then nothing shows up in Connect. I have 2 years of Fitbit data I want to import since I have committed completely to Garmin devices and would like to get it all in.

Comment

Originally posted by TyGarber View Post
        it says it is a successful import but then nothing shows up in Connect.
        I never even got the "successful import" message. Mine was the error message straight from the start.

And yes, I too have close to 1 year's worth of data I'd like to get imported.

Someone from Garmin needs to acknowledge this and take a look at it.

Comment

This is generally a user-to-user forums, but you can contact Garmin support either by phone or email:

http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact?#fragment-1
          My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
          Facebook - Instagram -
          Twitter

Comment

I think this is a very recent (it was working only a couple of weeks ago) problem with the Weight/Body import on the part of Garmin Connect. Could use a fix, guys!

If you export&import just the activities data it works just fine.

Comment

I just uploaded 6 months of FitBit data without any error messages. However, only STEPS and FLOORS CLIMBED have come through with any success.... HEART RATE and SLEEP are completely empty.... which is a shame as these ar the two pieces I really wanted to capture.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm having similar problems. Activity data worked but no chance with weight.

Did anyone fix this or got help from customer support?

Comment

Gutted!!

So I tested this from Fitbit to Garmin, before purchasing Fitbit Aria scales and it worked fine. I tested by manually entering the data in Fitbit then exporting, then importing into Garmin. However, now my Fitbit Aria has arrived and real data has been loaded into Fitbit, the bl**dy Garmin import comes up with error!! "An error occurred with your upload. Please try again"

Grrrrrrr, not happy, go to all the effort of trying before buying and still get shafted!! So NOT happy.
                  Garmin 510 with HRM and Cadence

Comment

So after manipulating the FitBit export file, by putting on a single line and adding missing commas, I can get the file to import successfully, but the data does not actually show in Connect??
                    Garmin 510 with HRM and Cadence

Comment

When Garmin fix the problem?
                      It 'a long time that you can not import even a given!

Comment

Not garmin's fault for the error

Hello,

I also had the same problem. Same error message. I opened the file the fitbit was generating and the format is not correct. So just as IANW555 did, I fixed the file and the upload worked. However I still don't see the imported data in garmin connect.

For how to fix the fitbit files:
                        The .csv stands for Coma Separated Values. This means that the file can have one line of header names and then the rest of the lines should be values separated by coma. The problem is that fitbit is adding a "category" name on the first line then the headers on the second which turns the file in an invalid format. So in order to fix this you should delete the first line which should contains either "Body" or "Activities". Also don't export files containing multiple categories from fitbit as they will be exported in the same style and you need to make more cleaning and separate the exported files in two separated ones anyway. I higlighted the values you would need to remove from the body export. You can open them in a text editor or a spreadsheet (like excel or google sheets).

01.PNG
                        02.PNG

Comment

Weight and Sleep are broken

I just switched from a Fitbit Charge HR to a Vivoactive HR with the hopes that I would be able to transfer my data over. However, I am seeing failures. I am exporting in both CSV and XLS formats and using separate files for each category. Steps (Activities) data transfers over fine, but Body and Sleep files fail to upload. I have tried both XLS and CSV formats. Activities data imports fine in each case.

Based on other information I am seeing, it looks like Garmin has done something to their Body and Sleep data formats and so the imports for these fail.

Anyone have a workaround through MyFitnessPal or something else (note that I have seen people complaining that MFP no longer syncs weight data).

Since I have a Fitbit Aria, i was hoping that I could continue to use that scale. I just dropped $250 on the watch so I am hard pressed to see why I should drop another $150 for a scale. I guess that's the price of changing platforms, but given that Garmin points out that they support the import, it's fair to expect it to work.

Comment

cvs file

Hello

can anybody add a cvs activity file which worked? I attached a simple one only showing steps, calories, floors distance but it didn't work.
                            Maybe my formatting is not correct.
                            Thanks
                            NOrman
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jefftoki View Post
                              Steps (Activities) data transfers over fine, but Body and Sleep files fail to upload.
                              Regarding the Sleep data, that doesn't appear to be supported at all. The Import page specifically says...
                              You can import:
                              Garmin Activity Files (.tcx, .fit or .gpx format)
                              FitbitĀ® body or activity data (.xls, .xlsx or .csv format).

So that explains why attempting to import sleep data doesn't work.

As for the rest, I'd just count yourself lucky that you even got Activity data to import. You seem to be one of the only ones.

Originally posted by jefftoki View Post
                              Anyone have a workaround through MyFitnessPal or something else (note that I have seen people complaining that MFP no longer syncs weight data).
                              I have a Withings scale that I have synced with MyFitnessPal and it makes it's way to Garmin. It doesn't transfer historical data, mind you. I set it up a couple days ago and the data has been showing up in Garmin ever since. So I expect it would work with your Fitbit scale. If MyFitnessPal accepts that data, I don't know why it would handle it any differently than it does weight data from a Withings scale.

It only transfers weight though, which is a bit of a bummer. Not any of the other data that scales measure these days. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X