Garmin Connect App, Permanently running in background on Phone

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Connect App, Permanently running in background on Phone

I've a HTC 10
    Permanently have a notification displayed that Connect is running in the background
    How do I stop it from running in the background?
    I don't need it to, it doesn't sync to anything.
    I just look at it every now and again

You can disable that notification. And what do you mean you don't need it to run in the background? Do you use a Garmin device daily? If so, that device uses your phone to sync with Garmin connect. I don't understand how you think you don't need it running because you "just look at it every now and again"...

Comment

well its simple. i don't need or want it to run in the background because i just don't want it to. i want to be able to be in control of what stuff on my phone does.
      no i don't have a garmin which i use daily.... whatever the relevance is???
      i have a forerunner which i sync via ant+ stick on my computer
      nothing syncs with my phone
      my edge syncs with my pc also

the problem is that i can't disable the notification and i'm looking for advice as to how to do that

Comment

Okay, the simple solution is to uninstall the app. If it's installed it will run in the background. Simple as that.

Comment

If you just wish to look occasionally you can always visit the web version of Garmin Connect on the phone. It will be a totally different user experience, but you will be able to see that same data that you would in the app.

Comment

Working...
          X