Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connect mobile adding weight every day

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that switching off the beta will stop the data points from showing up, but it should give you the checkmarks for the real entries.
    My Garmin CIQ Apps:
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/develo...fdcd7aafa/apps

Comment

The only way I was able to stop this automatic adding of daily weight which is a repeat of my last real entry was to disconnect MyFitnessPal. Must be something to do with the way the two things talk to each other recently.

A shame as I like having the calories from exercise come into MFP.

Comment

I don't have myfitnesspal connected

Comment

i thought it as well, but then found it was indeed connected. Just a question - do you have already weight for today (even if not entered?)

Comment

Yes I have weight for today and yesterday even though the last entered weight was wednesday

Comment

I have my weight until yesterday, but today I managed to disconnect from MFP, and no entry for today. Please note, that MFP is not visible under Account Settings (there where you can find e.g. Strava or Training Peaks). You need to go to Health Stats -> Calories in/out and there you will find small bar telling you, whether you are connected to MFP or not.

Comment

OK thx I'll try that

Comment

Disconnecting from MFP helped. No new weight entry since Friday (except what I entered manually)

Comment

Can't see whether I am connected or not - @wojtek_b what do you mean by small bar ?

Comment

I don't have the bar, as I am already disconnected, but it was here:
                      https://imgur.com/nqe35d5

Comment

OK found where to disconnect I'll let you know if it works

Comment

Yes fixed now thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ray.smith View Post
                            The only way I was able to stop this automatic adding of daily weight which is a repeat of my last real entry was to disconnect MyFitnessPal. Must be something to do with the way the two things talk to each other recently.

A shame as I like having the calories from exercise come into MFP.
                            I had a similar scenario, where I got my weight from the Garmin Index scale with weight and additional metrics (body fat, muscle mass, etc.) as well. Occasionally, not every day but maybe two-three times per week randomly-like, my additional metrics was deleted due to the fact that MFP wrote back the weight (which it got from Garmin in the first place) to Garmin - and since Garmin can't handle multiple weight entries per day that became the latest one and baam - deleted my other metrics apart from the weight itself.

The solution which I think I may have found is the following, namely using a another third-party with automatic integration between them. My setup is like this

1) Garmin Connect - this is where I get my workouts and my weight metrics from different devices.
                            2) I have connected Garmin Connect with Endomondo, to allow automatic transfer of my workouts from Garmin into Endomondo. So whenever something is uploaded to Garmin , it's passed on to Endomondo.
                            NOTE!!! Garmin Connect does not appear to forward the weight to Endomondo. This is what makes the setup work. It only forwards workouts it seems.
                            3) I have then connected Endomondo with MyFitnesspal. So whenever a workout gets to Endomondo (from GC originally) it is relayed over to MFP.

With this setup I got my calories in MFP, without - it seems - having the trouble of getting my data in Garmin Connect overwritten. Downside is of course that in Garmin Connect you don't see calories consumed, because that data from MFP - as well - is never sent back to GC. But I will see my active calories in MFP and that is good enough for me. Still need to use MFP in order to log in calories consumed, and now I know how much I have left with the active calories accounted for as well.

Hope this can be of help.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem as olni65, quiet frequently the additional metrics from the Garmin Inex just disappeared. I also agree on his reason for that.

I did some research and it is pretty clear now. It all started with the day I linked my Garmin account with my Runtastic account to automatically transfer my activities.

The accounts has now been disconnected, this should fix this issue.

EDIT:
                              Despite all hopes it did not work. As I said I disconnected the Garmind and the Runtastic account, but It keeps overwriting the values. In the ``My Day´´ screen it still shows me the correct values of my body fat and body water, but when I tap on it it only gives me the weight and my BMI. I found out that the additional data are only missing for the days where i have uploaded an activity.

I hope this helps someone.
                              Last edited by Scout40000; 11-16-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X